Canadians MIA/UI List

nolando

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It certainly seems like Issey Nakajima-Farran is without a club again. It's hard to confirm and the relative impenetrability of translating anything out of Cyprus makes it hard to say much with certainty.

He was returned by loan-host Alki Larnaca to his parent club, AEK Larnaca at the end of the year but he doesn't seem to be attached to the club. He's not on the AEK Larnaca wiki, in any case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEK_Larnaca_F.C.

If true, I hope he considers training with the Caps or one of the other Canadian clubs over the winter as I think he's a decent utility attacking player to have around, as most recent Canadian managers have found. He's also played the "overpaid foreigner" role at his last two overseas stint (at least from my POV) so might enjoy the idea of playing on "home soil", close to where his parents are (Alberta, still?) while he has a young family and a few realistic playing years left in his legs. I'm a big fan of his, so I hope he lands somewhere productive.

Mike Klukowski, unheard of since leaving APOEL in Cyprus, is mentioned here in a tabloid article out of Poland suggesting to a Legia Warsaw scout (and friend of Kluka's if you believe the article) that he should be invited on trial there sometime soon. Yet, as the "former friend" pointed out,

"I know Michael is a good player and my old friend. I know what it can do, but the problem lies in the fact that for several months he did not play football, and it is unclear what is the form."

The article also states that his parents both live in Poland, which might help his cause.

http://www.legia.net/wiadomosci,53599-michael_klukowski_przyjedzie_na_testy_do_legii.html

The league website seems to be picking up the same story: http://ekstraklasa.wp.pl/kat,32284,title,Legia-przetestuje-kanadyjskiego-obronce,wid,16092980,wiadomosc.html?ticaid=1118e8

Good find. He seems to be still there on trial according to the following: http://www.dfb.de/news/de/3-liga/splitter-der-3-liga-entwarnung-bei-erfurts-torhueter-klewin/48405.html

This article from a week ago has a picture of him with Stuttgart: http://www.kick-s.de/stuttgarter-kickers-zeichen-stehen-auf-fortschritt

bonsu_ristic_300.jpg

Good find. He seems to be still there on trial according to the following: http://www.dfb.de/news/de/3-liga/splitter-der-3-liga-entwarnung-bei-erfurts-torhueter-klewin/48405.html

This article from a week ago has a picture of him with Stuttgart: http://www.kick-s.de/stuttgarter-kickers-zeichen-stehen-auf-fortschritt

bonsu_ristic_300.jpg

Stuttgarter Kickers have already stated, that they won't offer him a contract for now. The coach said in an interview, that they will keep an eye on him and might invite him for another trial if he's fully fit again.

Stuttgarter Kickers have already stated, that they won't offer him a contract for now. The coach said in an interview, that they will keep an eye on him and might invite him for another trial if he's fully fit again.

He might still sign after all - it's been reported that they are close to signing now. Hope things work out for him.

Man, sooooo many guys on the MIA/UI list at the moment that I decided to but together am Unemployed XI:

------------De Rosario--- Edwini-Bonsu-----------------

-------------------------Saiko-------------------------

Nakajima-Farran---------------------------------Cebara

-----------------------Dunfield-----------------------

Klukowski -- Attakora---- Trafford---------- Ledgerwood

------------------------Santiago----------------------

Man, sooooo many guys on the MIA/UI list at the moment that I decided to but together am Unemployed XI:

------------De Rosario--- Edwini-Bonsu-----------------

-------------------------Saiko-------------------------

Nakajima-Farran---------------------------------Cebara

-----------------------Dunfield-----------------------

Klukowski -- Attakora---- Trafford---------- Ledgerwood

------------------------Santiago----------------------

Those five featuring in our most recent NT squad.

I think the unemployed XI illustrates a point I've made for a while. Many believe we are not doing enough for U23 players and player development. Canada needs pro clubs PERIOD. where players like this can get solid playing time. Depth is our biggest issue and worrying about player development at the U23 level is putting the cart before the horse. These players are our depth and they aren't playing anywhere, this is a bigger issue for Canada and the MNT than player development.

Except I feel that number of those players need to eat some humble pie. Majority of them would be unwilling to play even in MLS and are also unwilling to take paycuts to do so. They prefer not to be paid at all

I agree but a lot of these guys probably have over inflated egos.

Red Nation Online had an article the other day where Stephen Ademolu basically said the only Canadian player better than him is De Ro.

Pro athletes all have huge egos, it comes with the territory. Money is the main thing, if that's right they will play.

I think the unemployed XI illustrates a point I've made for a while. Many believe we are not doing enough for U23 players and player development. Canada needs pro clubs PERIOD. where players like this can get solid playing time. Depth is our biggest issue and worrying about player development at the U23 level is putting the cart before the horse. These players are our depth and they aren't playing anywhere, this is a bigger issue for Canada and the MNT than player development.

Agree. 100%

In a perfect world we have a minimum of 10 pro clubs, with a 5 Canadians per roster rule, and all have pro academies.

I understand the need for professional clubs, but they don't just appear out of nowhere. There are costs, and you need people covering the costs, namely fans. You need places to play. There are expenses. We are slowly moving in the right direction with 5 professional clubs, now. Where were we 10 years ago, in other words? It can't happen overnight, but the strides in even the last 3 years have been great. Hopefully we keep moving in that direction. Hopefully more fans start getting on board. Hopefully Edmonton averages over 3000/game next season to help justify other markets. etc, etc.

I understand the need for professional clubs, but they don't just appear out of nowhere. There are costs, and you need people covering the costs, namely fans. You need places to play. There are expenses. We are slowly moving in the right direction with 5 professional clubs, now. Where were we 10 years ago, in other words? It can't happen overnight, but the strides in even the last 3 years have been great. Hopefully we keep moving in that direction. Hopefully more fans start getting on board. Hopefully Edmonton averages over 3000/game next season to help justify other markets. etc, etc.

I understand clubs don't appear out of nowhere, it was more of a critique of some who push player development over player retention.

The generation that grew-up with MLS 2.0 will be more receptive to playing, staying, and returning to MLS. In the long run, this will help us with out unattached 11. A strong NASL won't hurt either. Particularly for those under 23 players.

It will, but the biggest thing that would help us with the unattached 11 would still be allowing Canadians to count as domestics in American MLS cities.

Archived