Canadians MIA/UI List

nolando

According to the very reliable Transfermrkt, Keven Aleman is no longer at Real Valladolid B

He is still listed on the team's webpage and also was mentioned in the following article from a couple of weeks ago as one of the promising young players that the new B team coach will have at his disposal: http://www.vavel.com/es/futbol/real-valladolid/364765-ruben-de-la-barrera-presente-y-futuro-del-promesas.html

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of interesting talking points from that list:

Cebara - How is he doing? Would love to see him stick with DCU or elsewhere in MLS, but as I said before in another thread: The international tag puts us at a disadvantage. I wish him the best but if Porter is having trouble cracking a good united team, I really don't fancy his chances.

Straith - Wish this was a trial. With JDM and O Brian in their twillight, he would provide good competition for Mitchell and Leveron. Good professional experience for his age and shouldn't take up much cap space. What is his contract status in Germany? He's really stagnated (arguably regressed) over there.

Peters - Wow, I can't believe he has emerged. This would be the biggest comeback in history.

Klukowski - Is this simply his last club or is he actually active again?

Sodade - Great that he is trialing with clubs again. Mypa could be a good launching pad, just look at Ricketts. Of course, Ricketts' hasn't had a model career so far, but our depth is so weak so the more the merrier. Good luck to him.

Borjan made the Daily Mail's transfer column.

Borjan happy to join Blackpool chaos
Blackpool's recruitment drive has had more twists and turns than a fairground rollercoaster. It is only replicated by the on-off nature of Jose Riga's managerial status.
The Belgian was understood to have decided to leave the club on Tuesday but is still there as confusion reigns around the club.
Ishmael Miller had agreed a contract but has yet to sign while Riga's three desired players are also yet to be seen.
One that may arrive is another goalkeeper Milan Borjan. The 6ft 5in goalkeeper, who is 26, hails from Serbia but has 18 caps for Canada. In a colourful career, he has played at Boca Juniors, River Plate, Montevideo and Turkish side Sivasspor but he is happy to join the chaos at Bloomfield Road.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2704214/TRANSFER-NEWS-COLUMN-David-Ospina-set-complete-Arsenal-switch-Cristiano-Ronaldo-really-leave-Real-Madrid.html#ixzz38Oml5418
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Babayele Sodade - Trial with MyPA (Finland-1) - his trial was in February I believe. I don't think anything came of it.

Alex Surprenant - FC Edmonton (NASL-2) - I think this guy has fallen off the face of the earth. Not sure if he is even worth tracking any more. I think I looked last summer and he was playing in some amateur league in Quebec.

Alex Surprenant - FC Edmonton (NASL-2) - I think this guy has fallen off the face of the earth. Not sure if he is even worth tracking any more. I think I looked last summer and he was playing in some amateur league in Quebec.

I have seen Lassonde but not Surprenant.

I have seen Lassonde but not Surprenant.

I saw Haber training with VWFC this morning. Was like old times back at Swangard where he had what was arguably his one great season.

Marcus Haber @MarcusHaber  ·  6h

Enjoyed training today with @WhitecapsFC felt some nostalgia being back at the old Swangard

Back to England, rumoured to be heading back to Notts County:

https://twitter.com/MarcusHaber/status/492774499905859584

• 4 weeks later...

Jaime Peters's name has resurfaced after ages. It's from last month and from one of those random rumour sites but from my experience usually there is smoke where there is fire:

19 Jul 2014 09:55:13

Cambridge United are interested in signing former Ipswich right-mid, Jaime Peters. The 27 yr old is now a free-agent and is reportedly wanting to get his career kickstarted again in the English League. Peters can also play right-back and has won 26 caps for the Canadian national team

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/memberposts.php?n=EyeKnow

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything about Stillo recently?  It would be really disappointing if he went an entire season without game action ...

I checked the game reports for the first few games and he is not even dressed and on the bench as one of the top 3 keepers for Parma.

Teams in Italy hoard talent. I think Parma has around 90 players under contract.

This is why players need loans to lower division clubs for playing time.

Parma currently has 10 keepers out on loan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parma_F.C.

That's pretty crazy.

I often wonder how good a place like Italy is for our player development.

I 100% agree. I admittedly don't know anything about Stillo, never seen him play, but not really sure if being contracted to Parma means anything if you're 1 of 10 keepers on loan.

Archived