Canada vs Venezuela (May 29th)

loyola

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should start looking for dodgy radio feeds for both matches now. It might take some time.

I'm sure 1 of the 4 dailies in Toronto will mention it in a 2-line blurb on page 17 of the Arts & Life section some time in October as well.

Well, I think it's up to our MNT to get results in order to raise their "media value". As for TV coverage, I think Sportsnet has done a fairly good job at presenting games over the last decade considering the kind of results we got during that time. It isn't up to the media to hype up our MNT, it is up to the MNT to do that in order for the media to follow.

That being said, I hope someone will show the Argentina game.

Wow pretty cool news, but I wonder is it usual that fifa.com annouces friendlies before the CSA does?

You must be new here. Yes, this is pretty much par for the course. It will soon be followed by an article in spanish confirming the match (Which is a luxury by voyageurs' standards, spanish is much easier to translate than estonian) then several weeks later the csa will announce the match.

Great to hear though.

Kinda hope the game v Venezuela will not be in Caracas, the city is very expensive and making dodgy currency exchanges is not my idea of fun.

You have to wonder why we cant get more complete information when a game is announced rather then the trickle of information, the CSA still has to get itself a good travel agent to offer up travel to away games at a variety of price points from the lowest possible up to more luxury accomodations.

They may have to shovel snow off the pitch in Toronto.
In mid-May on a pitch with heating? That's the last frost date, let alone the last snowfall ... I don't recall ever having to get out a shovel in May! It would be unusual to have a heavy snowfall in April.

Kinda hope the game v Venezuela will not be in Caracas, the city is very expensive and making dodgy currency exchanges is not my idea of fun.

You have to wonder why we cant get more complete information when a game is announced rather then the trickle of information, the CSA still has to get itself a good travel agent to offer up travel to away games at a variety of price points from the lowest possible up to more luxury accomodations.

Caracas is also fairly dangerous at the moment. One of my best friends is from there and says it has long surpassed Mexico and Colombia in terms of violent crime, especially kidnappings, armed robberies, etc. His brother was carjacked on his way from the airport to to the city last Christmas Eve, for example, left naked with his American girlfriend in some poor barrio to fend for themselves. As someone who used to lived in South America and still has many connections to there, know that this is not some ignorant knee-jerk overraction to an American-based news story but a comment out of general concern for some v's who might be thinking of going and wondering what things are really like in Venezuela. Go, by all means, but do your homework first, is all I'm saying.

The match will be played in Puerto Ordaz .

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=can/fixturesresults/gender=m/index.html

Thanks for posting this video, nice stadium!

Talk about a crazy month of May with the Voyageurs Cup and 3 MNT friendlies against South American teams. I'm a little bit surprise by the "quietness" of the forum considering what's coming in the next few months...

Thanks for posting this video, nice stadium!

Talk about a crazy month of May with the Voyageurs Cup and 3 MNT friendlies against South American teams. I'm a little bit surprise by the "quietness" of the forum considering what's coming in the next few months...

I was just thinking it's been quieter right now than I can remember previously...

Yeah I agree, this board has been very quiet, but perhaps it is the quiet before the storm of Canadian footy, both Vs Cup and MNT matches. :D

It'd be nice to get a web feed of these, or better yet, something televised. I'd assume the Argentina match will be televised, so why not do this one too.

mabye its the new fourm? i don't know about anyone else but i still prefer the old one :(

Interesting, why? I prefer this one as you actually have the option of an avatar and signature, plus it has some interesting other features as well. Only thing I don't like is the change in smilies and a few of the posting features.

Archived