Canada vs Venezuela (May 29th)

loyola

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far Stalteri has another poor game, missing every pass in attack and as a result provoking lots of turn over for Venezuela. I like Pacheco, he seems to read well the game, he has a good positioning. I like what I see of Nakajima as well, he has speed and tries to create things individually.

Jackson hurt, looked like a foul to me. Ref a long ways away from the play. Still giving away too easily and letting them have the counter attacks, but I prefer that set up to playing without the ball.

Hastings has no concept of build up at all, the one player I feel we just have to give a medal to and never call again.

I can't believe that we don't have better options then Richard Hastings.

i am starting to wonder if we have a strategy in this game as we are running running and give the ball away.

I agree. When do have some possession we tend to stroke the ball back and forth across the backline. We don't really seem to be using the ball to draw the opposition away from the area we want to penetrate. We also don't seem to have the diagonal cross-field ball in our toolbox.

Dick Howard said Pacheco was our holding midfielder tonight, but looks like he's playing a more advanced role with Dunfield staying back.

I think both Ledgerwood and Dunfield are sharing the holding duties. Pacheco is definitely contributing to the attack.

Chourio already had a shot on the post, from the same spot. He has a hard shot and is fast, already proved that. So how does he get free in the same spot again, with time to wind it up? Pisses me off, that is Kluka's side.

We are erring by having the backs play it out, instead of a mid. A few times Pacheco has come back to receive and turn, Ledgerwood too but he's not as good at it. But we would do better to advance it to the midfield and let them play out, the backs are doing a poor job.

Every Venezuela attack has felt like a counter, we are getting caught out.

Archived