GC - July 18th - Canada vs. Honduras

jpg75

quote:Originally posted by puskas

Go watch tapes from European Championships in 2000, there were absolutely brutual calls there too. Way worse than here today. It happens everywhere.

What do you mean way worse. It decided the game. How do you get worse than that.. The ref picked the winner... it doesn't get worse than that.

It's not unexpected though.. I expected it. He proved he was bad the earlier farce of a game. Two games, two controveries.. a real budding star for CONCACAF..

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but why does Canada full around with short corners in extra time and full around with free kicks instead of just crossing the ball also in extra time when they don't have time at all but have a clear height advantage. Very stupid!

Well **** face stole the game, but everything Hart did was right and by the book. Even taking off Josh Simpson (which at face looked crazy) ended up working out as it allowed us to push Kevin Mckena forward. Overall it was still positive, CONCACAF bull**** is only mildly fustrating as it's mostly expected.

I'm really pulling for the americas to kick the sh!t out of them in the next round.

If we could make a good accurate list of game changing calls in competitive matches for each confederation, and prove that CONCACAF looks incompetant and amatuerish, then publish the findings, well Jack would be embarressed, there would be proof he's doing a terrible job, then I guareentee you the reffing would get better in a hurry, they would spend money fixing the problem (and giving extra training to refs) if it actually made them look bad.

Guppy, he made one questionable call, Canada did the rest. It wasnt bad call after bad call like say Chile vs Argentina when the u-20 world cup was in Canada.

Plus usually it is kinda hard to win a game when you cant find the back of the net. Dont you think?

Ref decided the game. Plain and simple. Let's put this in the past.

The glass is half-full. We have set the wheels in motion for the next set of WCQ. Let's hope the CSA can keep the momentum. Making Hart the permanent coach would be a very positive development.

quote:Originally posted by puskas

Guppy, he made one questionable call, Canada did the rest. It wasnt bad call after bad call like say Chile vs Argentina when the u-20 world cup was in Canada.

Plus usually it is kinda hard to win a game when you cant find the back of the net. Dont you think?

neither could honduras save from the penalty spot

Well pu$$y face stole the game, but everything Hart did was right and by the book. Even taking off Josh Simpson (which at face looked crazy) ended up working out as it allowed us to push Kevin Mckena forward. Overall it was still positive, CONCACAF bull**** is only mildly fustrating as it's mostly expected.

I'm really pulling for the americas to kick the sh!t out of them in the next round.

Mieh, good effort, terrible call obviously, but I thought we were the better team. My only gripe is with Will Johnson.

He makes oatmeal look exciting, but after a look at Peters' lack of on the ball skill I can see why he was starting there.

Ali G can't score every game and Simeon looked electric when he came on..

Poor Paul seems to get picked on a lot in CONCACAF.

Alll in all, good run lads and keep the results rolling in!

Brazil or Bust!

Just came back from an errand and caught the last 10 minutes of the game. I say Honduras didn't deserve to win, well in the full 90 minutes anyways, but Canada didn't seem to dominate. And to all those haters, yes, Ref calls always haunt Canada, but we have to get through it, and learn from it and honestly..Why the **ck can't Canada learn to dive, delay game in the penalty box too. This fair game and honour crap doesn't work in CONCACAF or CONMEBOL. Even the Yanks are learning that falling down after a slight touch, is an advantage to win the game. I've been clamouring that along time. Well, back to the game. I'm curious to hear G-L's and other's opinions of the full match, but if we can't even beat a Honduras B-team, with our full strength squad, something is wrong and amiss in the tournament, and most likely provides more argument on why we didn't make it to the HEX and won't make it in the next round of WCQ, if we don't get better with player pool and skills.

Canada will just have to be much better than them to get anywhere. It's no good being 'as good as,' they will always be shown the short end of the stick by the refs down there. Look at their political systems... they got their president flying around in helicopter being refused by the airport.. They judge us?! Forget it...

Should have had a couple goals, just missing the finish. That said watching them lose on a call like that was tough to take. On the positive side, another tournament where the team played well all around. Am largely happy with the way the team played.

Well dirty ref stole the game, but everything heart did was right and by the book. Even taking off Josh Simpson (which at face looked crazy) ended up working out. I can be relatively positive about the future, providing we play regular games and we never let anybody from central america ever ref a WCQ ever.

I know I'll probably catch flack for this, but Hutchinson makes the worst decisions I've ever seen. In big games when it matters, he invariably makes the wrong choice.

That free kick at the end is the perfect example. Klukowski wanted to ping a ball into the box, but Hutchinson decides what we need to do is play a square ball so Klukowski can fire it off the wall. Has that play ever produced a goal late in a game, EVER? It's such a low percentage play I can't understand why players try it so often. Must be oxygen deprivation because it has never, in the history of the game, produced a goal.

Hutchinson should shut up and get in the box, because the only place he looked dangerous was when he had the ball played onto his head.

Puskas...stop apologizing for the ref. We're not talking about a 50/50 or even 20/80 call here. We're talking about a penalty given where NOTHING HAPPENED. It's yet another game where the referee has made a predetermination that Canada is not supposed to beat such-and-such country. We could have scored 3 goals and it wouldn't have mattered.

There would have been four penalties like the one that was called.

I like how we were using some of our promising young players for this tournament and overall they seem to fit at this level. That was the biggest gain by Canada in this tournament in my opinion because we will need these youngsters in 2014 qualifying and beyond.

I had a bad feeling when the ref pulled a few questionable yellows against honduras early on. I just knew he was setting the stage to job Canada at just the right moment.

@puskas - Canada didn't break down Hondurass, but then after that penalty they didn't have to do anything but soak up pressure. It's complete and utter bull****.

It occurs to me that, having beaten them once in the group stage, that CONCACAF brass could've easily decided a Honduras/USA match up was preferable (re: profitable) than a Canada/USA one.

Archived