TFC@Impact thread [R]

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Tintin

I believe I said "so-called" superior league. That is what should have motivated them.

I see "there" instead of "they're" and "their" all the time, but that's the first time I've ever seen "theirs" instead of "there's". Sorry, I just found that fascinating.

Its a recurring problem... I've been corrected in high school, undergrad and even in an early draft of my Masters Thesis for this... I now work for the Feds and its still a recurring problem when I don't pay attention.

I know the mistake, I just don't pay attention to it enough...

To highlight the problem even more, my high school French teacher, originally from La Tuque, Quebec who barely speaks English pointed out the same mistake when she was looking over my shoulders at the Cafeteria...

I'm pretty sure they didn't take a dive. They had some injuries and a game in 2 days and figured there's no way Toronto is gonna win by 4 (lets be honest Toronto has a way of making an effort of not scoring).

With the Impact up 1-0 at 30 minutes it seemed like it was the right decision too.

I thought it was over.

Then Dero took the game by the nuts. Toronto gained confidence and Impact completely fell apart, tried bunkering. But the damage was done, inferior bench players vs superior players with a belief they could do it.

In the end, you gotta give TFC credit,6 goals. Montreal's coach is a complete fool

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

This just twittered.

According to eye witness accounts from Stade Saputo reclusive Whitecap owner Greg Kerfoot, traveling incognito with his Vancouver Whitecap Football Club to Montreal in the hopes of being part of the V's Cup trophy presentation, was seen post-match in the players tunnel repeatedly kicking Joey Saputo in the nuts during the trophy presentation to Toronto.

Video to follow.

That's a really stupid post from someone who is supposedly the moderator.

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

Not touching the first comment beyond pointing out that it is not an accurate description of what I wrote. I won't respond to any follow ups on that. On the rest of the post, I'll point out that I had comments like this in mind more than the rule angle:-

I don't think MTL throw the game. They looked pretty happy when they scored and looked like they wanted to defend but I thought TFC had too much attacking power for them.

Let's remember that Frei made a couple of excellent saves at 1-3 and 1-4. MTL was trying.

The sad thing is there's no way to predict how it would've end up if MTL had played it's best team who could've really looked not motivated by this game with nothing to gain from it. I don't blame the players one bit, they tried and it didn't work out....

DWAYNE DE ROSARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CHAD BARRETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

AMADO GUEVARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

STEFAN FREIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

ADRIAN SERIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

NANA ATTAKORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

JIMMY BRENNANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

MARCO VELEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DANNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DICHIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SAM CRONINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

CARL ROBINSONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NICK GARCIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PABLOOOOOOOOO VITTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

FUAD IBRAHIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

these 14 men are CANADIAN CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beautiful game, De Rosario is a saint!

Stefan Frei saved us.. I am sorry I doubted you.

Brennan, Serioux and Attakora played their hearts out for us, these amazing Canadians

Guevara amazing free kick!

And lastly Chad Barrett makes a menz.... played clutch... he is the man who scored the winning goal and has made us Canadian Champions! The Voyageurs Cup is ours.. the first trophy of many.

I love you Toronto FC... thank you God for this amazing club!(L)

quote:Originally posted by Kibby

I'm pretty sure they didn't take a dive. They had some injuries and a game in 2 days and figured there's no way Toronto is gonna win by 4 (lets be honest Toronto has a way of making an effort of not scoring).

With the Impact up 1-0 at 30 minutes it seemed like it was the right decision too.

I thought it was over.

Then Dero took the game by the nuts. Toronto gained confidence and Impact completely fell apart, tried bunkering. But the damage was done, inferior bench players vs superior players with a belief they could do it.

In the end, you gotta give TFC credit,6 goals. Montreal's coach is a complete fool

De-Ro has been a clutch goal scorer his whole career, so I'm not surprised one bit at his stellar performance.

For the rest of TFC... you have got to be to most depressed footballer in the world not to be motivated by De-Ro's effort.

TFC has always been stronger offensively, however they were the weakest Canadian club when it comes to finishing. De-Ro added that missing ingredient.

Well..TFC should use the game in there highlight reel of trying to get more fans to BMO..they deserved it. I honestly still think that the Nutrilite Championsip should follow the "Copa Libertadores" rules of having "Confederation" officials monitoring the game, to see any irregularities and make sure teams are acting in good faith. 6 - 1 is an anamoly for Canadian futbol standards. Leave the goal differential rule, as that makes sense, but in meaningless game, more stricter rules should be put into place.

Disappointing. Credit to DeRo and the boys, but Whitecaps needed this more than TFC. WTF are we supposed to do for the next year? Unlike the next Jose Mourinho, Dos Santos, I really couldn't give a **** about the next USL match. I was really looking forward to seeing Cruz & Saprissa.

And thanks for the effort Impact. As much as we need a 3rd in MLS from a Canadian perspective, as a Caps fan I won't mind seeing the Cheese Mafia in USL for years to come. I wonder when the Rochester Derby will get boring?

quote:Originally posted by nolbertos

Well..TFC should use the game in there highlight reel of trying to get more fans to BMO..they deserved it. I honestly still think that the Nutrilite Championsip should follow the "Copa Libertadores" rules of having "Confederation" officials monitoring the game, to see any irregularities and make sure teams are acting in good faith. 6 - 1 is an anamoly for Canadian futbol standards. Leave the goal differential rule, as that makes sense, but in meaningless game, more stricter rules should be put into place.

I agree, but the official in this game would have been from the Montreal area, so if geography is the threat to neutrality of officials, it would have favored the impact.

(tho I don't think the ref threw the game, so far, the Nutrilite officials have been better than MLS)

Sounds like a game I've seen before. (Impact @ Santos Laguna: 2nd leg). Completely fell apart. Wasn't able to watch this game. Wish now that I would have. Absolutely stunning. I never thought that TFC could pull it off.

I must say however, that given the Caps' strong play, I wouldn't mind seeing them represent us. However, if the rumours (perhaps already confirmed by now) are true, that Gerba has been signed, I may have to re-think TFC. The trouble with the current squad is that they'll blow out one team like in this game, then the next game fail to produce anything. Let's see how they deal with PRI.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Right you are. My bad. I stand corrected.

Cel phone video to follow.

lol, sense of humour is really important for a Voyageur, keep up the good work! I was wondering for a second if there was any truth to this ;)

The Good: I am a Dero fan

The Bad: Montreal has NO pride, guts & depth

The Ugly: I don't get to go to Mexico :(

Seriously if you are going to field your B team (justifiably) then play Lilly-ball for the game. It's not like there were lots of fans to wow with their performance. Keep 6 back (sweeper in front and behind the 4 defenders) and frustrate TFC.

6-1 ???

The 2 biggest meltdowns in Canadian soccer HISTORY by the same team in the same year! I used to hope for Montreal to get into MLS but now I'm glad it was the Timbers. At least they have balls!

:(

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Disappointing. Credit to DeRo and the boys, but Whitecaps needed this more than TFC. WTF are we supposed to do for the next year? Unlike the next Jose Mourinho, Dos Santos, I really couldn't give a **** about the next USL match. I was really looking forward to seeing Cruz & Saprissa.

And thanks for the effort Impact. As much as we need a 3rd in MLS from a Canadian perspective, as a Caps fan I won't mind seeing the Cheese Mafia in USL for years to come. I wonder when the Rochester Derby will get boring?

Why do you think the Whitecaps need this more? They got their MLS team... the hype alone should fill out BC Place, the CCL, with the empty stadiums at Joe Public will not help the Whitecaps.

And being close to the Quebec border (in Ottawa), Saputo makes damn good Cheese Curds for my poutine :P

As a Montreal Impact Supporter for many years now let me say this:

This loss to me is worse by leaps and bounds to any loss that ever came our way. What happened in Mexico really was unfortunate however in the end the went farther in that competition that I and many supporters would have imagined.

What happened tonight deserves a firing of heads from top to bottom. If at the very least NICK you all know who he is!! does not get the AXE, or the very least doesn't become some one's secretary, then this is a sign to me than this organization is not a soccer club. It officially becomes the new old boys soccer club of Canada in my mind. Anyone agree with me?

To lose 6-1... SIX-ONE at home in front of your supporters, no matter the match or relevance. Would signal the firing of many at any other club in the soccer world. Now its up to Saputo to prove to the fans that he means business and the IMPACT is not all about Tax write-offs.

Tonight I hold my head very very low....

For the Vancouver fans, you were robbed the Canadian Championship. If I were one of your players, I'd be going in studs up against up Saturday.

quote:Originally posted by ottawaguy2009

Sounds like a game I've seen before. (Impact @ Santos Laguna: 2nd leg). Completely fell apart. Wasn't able to watch this game. Wish now that I would have. Absolutely stunning. I never thought that TFC could pull it off.

I must say however, that given the Caps' strong play, I wouldn't mind seeing them represent us. However, if the rumours (perhaps already confirmed by now) are true, that Gerba has been signed, I may have to re-think TFC. The trouble with the current squad is that they'll blow out one team like in this game, then the next game fail to produce anything. Let's see how they deal with PRI.

In that game though, both teams field their 1st string players. Santos Laguna went all out, while the Impact bunkered. This game was 1st string and Canadian Internationals (TFC) vs 2nd or 3rd string Montreal or CSL players literally. I'm not a huge fan of PRI, but I do know that they play decent ball and will probably go for another deep run in the CCL, as there owner has deep pockets to hire MLS calibre or better players.

So Montreal loses 5-2 to Santos + 6-1 to Toronto FC... I'm starting to see a trend here. Forget this "they didn't care" or "their roster was weak" talk. I think at some point Montreal needs to get their heads out of their butts and stop collapsing like a cheap tent.

Archived