TFC@Impact thread [R]

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to say, but honestly...this Voyageur's Cup will be tainted if Toronto wins it. Just saw the 5th goal, but WTF...if Montreal isn't even going to try to play, might as well just give TFC the trophy. If I were the Whitecaps, I would complain, not that it would matter if Toronto won, but at least make the teams, who are eliminated to put there best squad out or at least the intent to play. Congrats to Toronto. They had to do what they have to do, but this Voyageurs Cup will be tainted.

Edit: Have a FIFA official in attendance, when a meaningless match is being played, like they have in CONMEBOL, to make sure the team isn't "throwing" the game away on purpose.

quote:Originally posted by jasonm

Time for some changes to this competition. I have always hated goal differential. I have no preferece to who wins, just some good games.

I was thinking when I saw Forrest and What's his face with the Voyageurs' Cup that I would like to see a cup final. (I should put "home of the 2009 Voyageurs' Cup runner ups" under my name).

6!? Piss off Montreal.

quote:Originally posted by jasonm

Time for some changes to this competition. I have always hated goal differential. I have no preferece to who wins, just some good games.

IMO it has more to do with sportsmanship and integrity. Antoher sad day in Canadian soccer!!!

If your truly an Impact Supporter, like they did in Peru. In the next USL game, throw beer bottles and anything at the players and coaching staff, and sign a petition to fire the coach or tell the owner you won't renew your season tickets, to send them a message to never forget that shameful display. I thought Canada had hit a new low, but this takes the cake. I can just imagine TT and Lenarduzzi thinking "WTF just occured here."

Archived