DeRo has been traded to Toronto!

TFC07

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man,you can't tell me Trader Mo swung this. This came from upstairs or was instigated by DDR himself. Julius James and a bit of money for DDR? There's more to this than meets the eye.

Or maybe not. But either way at worst it's a very happy accident which profits TFC hugely.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Man,you can't tell me Trader Mo swung this. This came from upstairs or was instigated by DDR himself.

Mo Johnston's problems have mainly been in the international transfer market so I think he probably deserves the credit. From a Houston standpoint De Rosario became expendable because of the emergence of Stuart Holden. Why they would settle for Julius James and 150k worth of allocation money is what surprises me.

Best move made by Mo as TFC GM by several light years. I can't believe we got him so cheap. In fact, I think they basically took a player we didn't want or need off our hands, much in the same way that Seattle did.

Wow, 4 Canucks on the senior roster and with Nana & Rosenlund as possibilities to join we might see TFC turning into the "Canadian" team that we have all been hoping for.

I wonder what happens with Guevara though - having two players in midfield that both demand the ball usually doesn't work, although I guess they might play De Ro as an out & out winger when Guevara is not on int'l duty (which he will be half the time thanks to Canada)

Archived