Carlo Corazzin

PSG

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by RJB

A certain Diego Maradonna was quite the porker through his playing days too, N'est pas?

No. Just at the end. Even when he played at Sevilla in one of his last years noone thought he was fat. Cassano was worse for Real Madrid last year, Ronaldo looks fatter. Maradona has no neck and a very wide chest, virtually no waist, and rather huge upper legs. It is his body type.

The great Puskas looked overweight most of his career, thinking of him as he is ailing these days. Another with a huge upper body and the image of being heavy. Maybe he was, I am not sure what sort of pace he had, maybe the rhythm of play was different in the 50s, but take a look at old pics and it makes you wonder.

• 13 years later...
9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Jeffery S I recognize..whatever happened to Grizzly? Did we lose him on the switch a roo to soccer news?

Jeffery S is now Unnamed Trialist and I think Grizzly is one of the old Vs whom Jamie recently referenced as no longer frequenting the forums, but still doing work on the ground in Montreal. This must have been around the time of the switch, that is true.

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

Jeffery S is now Unnamed Trialist and I think Grizzly is one of the old Vs whom Jamie recently referenced as no longer frequenting the forums, but still doing work on the ground in Montreal. This must have been around the time of the switch, that is true.

Thanks--I am even wondering if I appear as Guest on this thread because I was coming off my only ban of that time, which was due to arguing with Grizzly--who irritated me but I mostly agreed with. He and I were sent to the sin bin together.

Or maybe I was about to change my user name? Really do not recall.

The comments about "fatness" are interesting, as pros are so much better controlled now, seeing formerly heavy set strikers like Benzema or Suárez gaunt and down to being extremely lean is impressive. These guys really sacrifice a lot to keep their careers and fitness alive.

Always thought he was slow but as they say in the UK, was a great servant for the Nats and a classy guy even after we heckled the crap outta him at Centennial. Really enjoy these interviews and the insight into what a mid-range pro career is like. Watford was certainly an unlucky bounce but I doubt he’d have been kept around post promotion anyway.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:51 PM, Ed_S said:

Recognize a number of folks who are no longer actively posting (maybe viewing at times) - Grizzly, RedHat, Daniel and Canuck in Boston. I've met all but C in B I think.

C in B was a helluva lot of fun at games.

11 hours ago, El Hombre said:

C in B was a helluva lot of fun at games.

Agreed!  I met up with him in Philly for a Gold Cup Quarter Final against Honduras back in 2009 - prematch Cheesesteak sandwiches and all.  Haven’t heard from him in almost 10 years.

• 7 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 9:44 PM, JamboAl said:

Agreed!  I met up with him in Philly for a Gold Cup Quarter Final against Honduras back in 2009 - prematch Cheesesteak sandwiches and all.  Haven’t heard from him in almost 10 years.

He was also at the Gold cup in Foxboro in 2003.  Or was it in 2004, cant recall.

21 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I was at that game, so 2003, I went with my Ex-wife and we separated in May 2004😎

Was also there.  Weren’t there like 30 people at that game until the Americans started arriving 

One of the other things that stands out for me about that game is that it was my first exposure (as a canadian) to the american tailgate culture.  We arrived in several cars.   We all parked together, we all got out out of the car and grabbed our banners and stuff,  looked around, and all we saw is a parking lot full of beers, smoking BBQ’s and lawn chairs next to cars.    At it was mostly if not all latinos.   Apparently, tailgating is big thing in the US accross even the latino communities.   I always thought that tailgating was just an NFL thing.  They were stopping us to pose for pictures.    

Not tailgating kind of makes you look out of place.  

Edited by Free kick

56 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Was also there.  Weren’t there like 30 people at that game until the Americans started arriving 

The crowd at the CRC vs Can game, as recall, was fairly decent.  Remember,  this is huge stadium.   But yes,  after half time, a bigger crowd started artiving.   Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but i think that the salvardorans may have out numbered the american supporters.  

Edited by Free kick