Match Thread: September 9, 2023 - Vancouver FC v Atletico Ottawa

narduch

1 hour ago, nolando said:

I'm leaving for this  a bit; are there still supporters meeting beforehand at a nearby bar or pub? @masster 

Just got here. It took me 2 hours by transit from my youth hostel in downtown Vancouver.

♫You're Langley FC!♫

♫You're Langley FC!♫

♫You're not Vancouver; you're Langley FC!♫

;)

37 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Did you enjoy yourself? Hopefully you did

Other than the result of course 

I know people enjoy taking g shots but trust me things will be fine with the Eagles

I did have fun (despite the result)! :)

The supporters were nice.

Someone named Sebastian just gave me a ride to Scott Road SkyTrain station so it won't take me forever to get back to Vancouver.

3 hours ago, Watchmen said:

First game there. Very barebones. It was fine. 2100 is laughable.

...but eyeballing to determine whether a stadium is actually around a third full isn't accurate etc etc so these numbers and other similarly dubious ones from a few of the other cities will still be discussed earnestly in the attendance thread as if they mean something tangible.

Think something they should look at for next season if they plan to have more games played after sunset is upping the average lux value obtained from the floodlights. Wasn't up to what you would expect at a professional game judging from the highlights. More like what you would expect at a high school game.

Hoping to be able to do that as well next summer because I'll definitely be in the Niagara peninsula area for at least a week for work-related reasons. Forge game is most likely but York 9 might also work assuming they are still around. I will maybe try to track down a certain poster from on here just for shits and giggles to see if he has as much to say when he doesn't have a keyboard to hide behind.

Really enjoyed the evening game after baking in the sun for the afternoon ones so many times, hope they do more.

Hoped for a bit better turnout but after the last games poor performance twas not to be.

Crowd was similar to the BCproud match that drew over 2k in actual butts in the seats recently (and had a similar annouced attendance), according to my groups inaccurate eyeballing observations. At least they were eyeballing from being in actual attendance instead of looking at a stream or brief highlight package though.

1 hour ago, CDNFootballer said:

Really enjoyed the evening game after baking in the sun for the afternoon ones so many times, hope they do more.

Hoped for a bit better turnout but after the last games poor performance twas not to be.

Crowd was similar to the BCproud match that drew over 2k in actual butts in the seats recently (and had a similar annouced attendance), according to my groups inaccurate eyeballing observations. At least they were eyeballing from being in actual attendance instead of looking at a stream or brief highlight package though.

I was not at the pride match, so I can't compare.  If this was similar, I do not think there was 2k for that one either.