Match Thread: July 14, 2023 - York United v Pacific

If I had any moola left to bet after punting on Canada this summer I'd be pushing it onto York to get a result after that half.  Bit of risk in that but to me it does feel like York wants to take the initiative.  Think they'll find a way.

But I don't.  So I can't.  So I can muse anyway I want, risk free.

big decision time for nash in the 2nd as its still 0-0...does he send out u21s who have barely played this year for heavy minutes in the second half or does he play it safe and fall even more behind in u21 minutes requirements?

7 minutes ago, Big_M said:

big decision time for nash in the 2nd as its still 0-0...does he send out u21s who have barely played this year for heavy minutes in the second half or does he play it safe and fall even more behind in u21 minutes requirements?

Imagine if we could forget all about that crap and clubs could just play the best players they have 

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

What if CPL teams weren't required to have Canadians at all?

The u21 minutes requirement is so paltry it seems like it should be easy enough to achieve by accident.

I hate the rule. It lowers the quality of virtually every match

3 minutes ago, jonovision said:

What if CPL teams weren't required to have Canadians at all?

I have no problem with Canadian content rules such as they had in the original NASL ensuring that skilled Canadians that are ready to play at this level are playing in the league.

Anyway this game is shit.

6 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I hear you. Quality is important if you want sell tickets. At the same time, the league is supposed to develop young Canadian players. Look at VWFC, a club that recently plays no Canadian starters at all - that bothers me. How could CPL accomplish both quality and Canadian player development at the same time?

11 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Given teams are struggling more with it this year, maybe it's a bit too high. Maybe it should be changed to 1000/1500 U21s or 3000 U23s (a bit more with a higher age) - or even 3000 U23 of which 1000 need to be U21

Edited by rydermike
\

10 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

I hear you. Quality is important if you want sell tickets. At the same time, the league is supposed to develop young Canadian players.

The league needs to survive to develop young Canadian players. And as you say, quality is important to sell tickets, which is what this league needs to do