2024 CONCACAF Champions Cup

They better not get too cocky. I have a suspicion they're might be more Tigres fans at the game than Whitecaps fans

Off topic but on topic because also includes Orlando City. Not sure if anyone saw this from a couple days ago but maybe the biggest stadium takeover ever lol kinda embarrassing from an Orlando perspective 

Edited by SpursFlu

45 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

So whats the vibe and awareness like in Hamilton around this game? I'm dorking out on Ticketmaster and looks to about 8000 tickets sold. Just keeps ticking a long nicely 

The Mexican fans seem to be having a blast 

21 minutes ago, narduch said:

The Mexican fans seem to be having a blast 

When I die I think I want to came back as a Mexican 

With that being said.. you guys better not let these dudes out do you in your own stadium 

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

So whats the vibe and awareness like in Hamilton around this game? I'm dorking out on Ticketmaster and looks to about 8000 tickets sold. Just keeps ticking a long nicely 

Excitement is building, the match has been fairly well promoted and I am impressed by the number of tickets sold for a match in the middle of winter! I do think there will be a large number of Mexican fans and hope the club recognize that for security reasons, Cruz brought a fair crowd to the stadium and Forge were fined for their bad behaviour, mostly smoke bombs! The Battalion has only ever dealt with a handful of York fans, many of the Cruz fans were actually supporters of other Lg Mex clubs! It should be a good atmosphere!

If anyone is looking for any small amount of motivation for one of the games tonight, Communicaciones are ranked 51 in CONCACAF, Forge are ranked 55. Just 15 points separate them. I don't know how the points work but maybe if Forge outperforms Communicaciones they could pass them. So you can use that information to decide if you are cheering for or against Communicaciones against Monterrey... or if it doesn't matter to you at all. I think I will probably just cheer against Mexican and American teams in general, but I would like Forge and Cavalry to move up the rankings from this competition.

The dynamics are different but I would not have put money on an out of season Forge side missing several key players from last years team bowing out on the same goal differentia to a Lg Mex teaml as an MLS side ready to start their season with most of their team in place!

1 hour ago, gator said:

The dynamics are different but I would not have put money on an out of season Forge side missing several key players from last years team bowing out on the same goal differentia to a Lg Mex teaml as an MLS side ready to start their season with most of their team in place!

No shame for either side, though the Whitecaps were also missing several key players and are also effectively at the same stage as Forge (in that neither side had played a meaningful game prior to these two).

9 hours ago, Watchmen said:

No shame for either side, though the Whitecaps were also missing several key players and are also effectively at the same stage as Forge (in that neither side had played a meaningful game prior to these two).

Game state also plays a significant role. To take nothing away from Forge, the series was effectively wrapped up in Hamilton, and put to bed entirely by the 8th minute in Guadalajara. There was no reason for Chivas to push. The Caps took Tigres to the 85th minute of the second leg before the tie was settled.

I was catching up on the Whitecaps game tonight. Did anyone watch Toluca vs Herediano? On the CONCACAF website it isn't showing any score, just a kickoff scheduled for more than 2 hours ago. Did the game get delayed or something?

35 minutes ago, Kent said:

I was catching up on the Whitecaps game tonight. Did anyone watch Toluca vs Herediano? On the CONCACAF website it isn't showing any score, just a kickoff scheduled for more than 2 hours ago. Did the game get delayed or something?

On Fotmob it says Herediano pulled off the upset. Winning 3-2 on the road and advancing on away goals.

I missed the game but One Soccer should have had it live.

They are currently showing Monterrey v Communicaciones 

Edited by narduch

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

Also noticed Herediano get Suriname side Robinhood next round. 

They could go on a decent run.

I was just going to mention this. Heavy favourites to get to the quarter finals now. Robinhood has to be the weakest team in the R16. I would think the only other contenders would be the other Caribbean teams if they somehow pulled off upsets.