2024 CONCACAF Champions Cup

2 hours ago, Mihairokov said:

I may have misspoke. None tonight because of W Gold Cup 🤠

Ahh that's why I'm running around in circles tearing my hair out. Frustrating 

What is the issue with MLS teams playing teams from Mexico? It’s past ridiculous. MLS teams shipped a combined 10 goals last night and all 3 teams facing Mexican teams this round have failed to score at home vs them. It’s not even close and it has to be a mentality thing because there’s no excuse for it anymore. Forge outplayed MLS teams vs Mexican sides away this year with a depleted squad that hasn’t even started their season. 

Not a surprising night as since the 2008 CCL rebrand, MLS teams are now 1-17 in knockout rounds against Liga MX clubs when drawing at home.

Pachuca has also never lost or tied an MLS team at home - due in part to playing at one of highest altitudes for a LigaMX club. Remember all those matches MLS teams advanced on in penalties during Leagues Cup? Philly would have gone through in a skewed Leagues Cup setting where they only play at home. 

It seems like there's only one MLS team a year that can hang with LigaMX's depth and it's never clear who it's gonna be at the start. Harder to be consistent Internationally when good MLS teams can't maintain their consistency YoY and don't/can't upscale to meet the demands of multiple competitions.

MLS parity focus is a detractor in international football. Though, Pachuca's annual wage bill is lower than Philadelphia's which means MLS overly layered spending rules combined with prioritizing marketing produces unbalanced squads. Philly manager has also been around 10 years without winning anything (unless you consider Supporter's Shield as a thing) which is also something you would never see in LigaMX. 

Edited by red card

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, narduch said:

Crew v Tigres delayed until 830 pm ET

Any idea if the game will end up on OneSoccer live or will it go to YouTube to allow the later game to keep its spot on the main channel?

6 minutes ago, Kent said:

Any idea if the game will end up on OneSoccer live or will it go to YouTube to allow the later game to keep its spot on the main channel?

No idea. Was going to check close to game time.

I assume the New England v America game has to stay on schedule 

20 minutes ago, narduch said:

One Soccer is showing New England v America 

And on the One Soccer website you can watch Columbus vs Tigres. I don't seem to have that option on my Roku app though. Let's see if I get kicked out of one of my devices if I try watching one on each.

10 minutes ago, Kent said:

That Flores kid is playing for Tigres.

Both Mexican teams are up 1-0 on the road.

I mentioned Flores for Tigres. Columbus has Farsi and Russell Rowe both playing.

Edited by Kent
Farsi, not Abzi