Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Finals - Vancouver Whitecaps v CF Montréal - June 7, 2023

29 minutes ago, Kingston said:

Vancouver is coming into this game in pretty good form while Montreal has been struggling a bit of late.  Coupled with home field advantage, I think Vancouver wins their third trophy.

But Vancouver has dressed the bulk of their starters 4 times in the last 2 weeks already, giving them no rest because Vanni doesn't have a clue about squad rotation. He's going to put out a team where a number of them looked exhausted on the weekend and he still played them 90.

Also, the team will have Teibert on it, and that's a great equalizer for anyone.

So our national Cup game and guys are calling the game from Toronto off of a tv screen . Are there no flights to Vancouver? Moreover , the only guy actually there is Platt ? I can understand if say Sportsnet or TSN showing this game and not having anyone actually there, but this is a dedicated Canadian soccer app , channel whatever you want to call it and yet treated this game like just another game , a bit disappointing in my opinion .

17 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Yikes.   

Man, 'Caps might rue the missed opportunities this half.  Still a bit to go but damn.

It's got that feeling, hasn't it?

For that matter, the way the Montreal keeper is playing, I don't want to see this game go to penalties either.