Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Finals - Vancouver Whitecaps v CF Montréal - June 7, 2023

21 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Kudos to Van, hope they keep it up, finish high in the standings and make a run in the playoffs, happy for them.  But if we are complaining, why not change the rules, make it 4 CDN starters next year?  Not so drastic as to throw off the teams, but just a reminder that you better plan this out and have some CDNS that can contribute or you wont be the CDN champ.  The CPL teams would get a little extra leg up to help keep things interesting and mb more upsets which us fans always love (even if it was Rovers/Valor haha).  

I see where you're going but I'm okay with the three we have now.  What I'd really like to see is that all out teams just naturally have Canadian content, not artificially come up with some for the V-Cup.  At the moment, it's really only the Whitecaps that this is an issue for as everyone else already has a number of Canadians in their normal starting lineup.  But a natural integration allows teams to also focus on winning, not just on Canadian content.  

25 minutes ago, Kingston said:

I see where you're going but I'm okay with the three we have now.  What I'd really like to see is that all out teams just naturally have Canadian content, not artificially come up with some for the V-Cup.  At the moment, it's really only the Whitecaps that this is an issue for as everyone else already has a number of Canadians in their normal starting lineup.  But a natural integration allows teams to also focus on winning, not just on Canadian content.  

This is a natural integration, its been 3 for many years.  Its an artificial tournie already just for CDN teams, why not focus a bit more on Cdn players??   Over the years one team or another is hurt by not having 3 good CDN, now its Van, and I dont really care.  You are a CDN team its the CDN champ and if you cant scrape together 4 decent CDN and still win when the rules are the same for everyone, you dont deserve to be CDN champ.  Van winning just proves this eh?  3 lets them skirt by  with the bare minimum and sub them all out.  But Johnson played well, Ahmed played well, if the number was 4 mb they would have show cased Habbibullah, or Hasal etc and still won but at the same fostered CDN players in the CDN champ.  No rules, american MLS, do what you want focus on winning with SA, Europeans etc etc, earn your chamipions league berth there then.