MLS Match Updates and Talk 2023

Big_M

41 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Just family and friends at red Bull arena , I know the game was postponed until today and that  NYC is not playing at their home ground but still a very bad look for the league . 

They are supposed to have a new stadium by 2027. Which feels like forever away.

But I am not even sure if that has ever broken ground yet 

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

WOW, how does Oso get the blame for Oniells handball.   Hmmm, no agenda there.  

How O’Neil made it to this level of soccer and calls himself a professional player is beyond me , and ad that other useless one Rosted and don’t even get me started on Mabika wow ! 

How many times this season have the Whitecaps have a lead only to have the game end in a loss or draw?

That being said, Vancouver is in a somewhat safe position in the standings.  Barring a total collapse in the last four games they should make the playoffs.

Barring a total collapse.

4 minutes ago, Goal_Kick said:

How many times this season have the Whitecaps have a lead only to have the game end in a loss or draw?

That being said, Vancouver is in a somewhat safe position in the standings.  Barring a total collapse in the last four games they should make the playoffs.

Barring a total collapse.

Their last 4 games are home to DC, home to St Louis, away to Seattle, home to LAFC.

Even against a team like Colorado you cant just pencil in 3 pts.  The subs at halftime really changed it up in rapids favor, but kudos to Van for fighting back and getting the point on a end of a long road trip.  Lareya should have had 2 but burying chances isnt his strong point.  Ahmed looked stronger on the ball, shaking off challenges etc, liking him more and more every time I see him.  And Bombito looked very active, played well on both flanks, quick, nice passing going forward, this must be the version Herdman was hoping to see for Canada.  

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Even against a team like Colorado you cant just pencil in 3 pts.  The subs at halftime really changed it up in rapids favor, but kudos to Van for fighting back and getting the point on a end of a long road trip.  Lareya should have had 2 but burying chances isnt his strong point.  Ahmed looked stronger on the ball, shaking off challenges etc, liking him more and more every time I see him.  And Bombito looked very active, played well on both flanks, quick, nice passing going forward, this must be the version Herdman was hoping to see for Canada.  

Was Bombito really playing LB, like the formation showed?  Disappointing if that is the case.  Great that he is getting minutes, but sucks that we just can't seem to get any help in developing CBs!!

15 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Their last 4 games are home to DC, home to St Louis, away to Seattle, home to LAFC.

It's a tough end to the schedule.  But looking at the standings and with nine teams making the playoffs this season, I'm thinking if they can get four points from these four games they should make it in.