MLS Match Updates and Talk 2023

Big_M

strong decision by bradley to go with the 5-4-1...the inflexible myth is busted again...he got the formation and players right...now the question is if he can get the second half coaching right which has been his big weak spot

2 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Touch was heavy all game.  Disjointed effort offensively (which is common for this team) and defensively.  Cubas with an off day.

I guess not all Field Turf is the same, considering that is a big advantage for the Caps at BC Place.

The Portland Brazilian mid looked like the goods out there, as did the young Colombian.  I hope Cubas was able to find his jock strap after the second goal.

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

Touch was heavy all game.  Disjointed effort offensively (which is common for this team) and defensively.  Cubas with an off day.

Saw only a little of the match, but Cordova looked slow and ineffective. White's absence was noted. What did you folks think about Cordova?

39 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Saw only a little of the match, but Cordova looked slow and ineffective. White's absence was noted. What did you folks think about Cordova?

Not a DP.  Which I never thought he was anyway, but it hasn't worked at all so far.  Looked out of shape when he joined the team, got injured, now working his way back in.  No pace to stretch the defense and misses the net as much as any of the other strikers.

3 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

Out of shape.  Because of it, I suspect that he is going to get injured again very soon.