League1 Ontario Men's Premier Division 2021 Season

2 hours ago, Kent said:

If Guelph wins, they will keep the trend alive of a different team from L1O representing the league in the Canadian Championship every year. There have been 3 L1O teams make it to the Canadian Championship, Oakville, Vaughan, and Masters.

But if they don't we'll have the first L1O team playing Canadian Championship a second time. 

On 10/25/2021 at 2:42 PM, Kent said:

If Guelph wins, they will keep the trend alive of a different team from L1O representing the league in the Canadian Championship every year. There have been 3 L1O teams make it to the Canadian Championship, Oakville, Vaughan, and Masters.

My copy of the matchday program from Oakville vs. Blainville (the first amateur series in the Voyageurs Cup) will be my retirement ticket. 😂

8 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

Result and details of the League1 Ontario semi-final game on Saturday October 30, 2021 between Guelph United FC and Masters FA played at Alumni Stadium in Guelph.  Took 11 rounds of PKS to find a winner!  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports21/21l1o055.htm 

Just like the Montreal vs Forge game! Congrats to Guelph for making the L1O final in their first year!

I couldn't find a better place to post this...

Feels like a lot of professionalism surrounding the three new clubs coming into L1O next season.

Electric City FC out of Peterborough specifically has had a lot of buzz, seems to be led by a team with a pretty clear vision of wanting a CPL club, they have stadium plans already, and their social media efforts have been A1. 

Pickering FC's ownership group has extensive footballing operations experience from owning South Bend Lions in USL2, Kettering Town FC in the English National League North, and Chinese club Shantou Lions.

Simcoe County has Cyle Larin involved in the ownership group (I think possibly Junior Hoilett too) and Julian De Guzman as the club president.

I don't think all of this interest would exist without the pathways created by the existence of the CPL. I know that we worry about our league sometimes, but soccer in this country is in a better place because of it.

50 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

I couldn't find a better place to post this...

Feels like a lot of professionalism surrounding the three new clubs coming into L1O next season.

Electric City FC out of Peterborough specifically has had a lot of buzz, seems to be led by a team with a pretty clear vision of wanting a CPL club, they have stadium plans already, and their social media efforts have been A1. .

I've heard this club is a lock for CPL. 

I'd imagine a few of them end up getting a CanPL look this year, but if they Guelph are able to retain Kotsopoulos, Skublak, Zis, Artemenko and Galvis then I think they'll give a lower end CPL a run for their money. 

They do benefit from the periphery of their roster mostly being the University of Guelph team who are now in the OUA finals.

• 1 month later...

Finally my year end summary of Rocket Robin Soccer in Toronto with personal comments on the teams/leagues I followed in 2021.  York United FC, the Canadian Men's national team (when in Toronto), Toronto FC II, and League1 Ontario. 

Rocket Robin Soccer In Toronto 2021 Season Review

http://o059.htm

Edited by Rocket Robin