League1 Ontario Men's Premier Division 2021 Season

How could the York United FC Saturday be even better?
Well they won their CPL game but one of their U-Sport draft picks scored and had an assist in League1 Ontario, Unionville Milliken SC won their Saturday night's game over Masters FA, York's first Voyageurs Cup foe.
Hear UM head coach Peyvand Mossavat praise Christopher Campoli and Daniel Rafisami.

How could the York United FC weekend be even better? part 2 If you had a League1 Ontario post match interview with Woodbridge Strikers head coach Peter Pinizzotto and ask him about former youth players Isaiah Johnston and Lowell Wright.
He also answers what it was like to coach Diego Maradona for the one time exhibition game when he played for Toronto Italia.

On 8/8/2021 at 5:06 PM, Rocket Robin said:
How could the York United FC Saturday be even better?
Well they won their CPL game but one of their U-Sport draft picks scored and had an assist in League1 Ontario, Unionville Milliken SC won their Saturday night's game over Masters FA, York's first Voyageurs Cup foe.
Hear UM head coach Peyvand Mossavat praise Christopher Campoli and Daniel Rafisami.

Hey Robin, 

Did you notice if it was actually Jaime Peters playing 62 mins for Masters this weekend, or does an imposter have the same name?

Result of Sat Aug 28/21 League1 Ontario game between Sigma FC and Windsor TFC played at Paramount Fine Foods Centre in Mississauga. Also short interview with WTFC head coach Valter Cosenza. http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports21/21l1o029.htm      

The 1812 FC vs Masters FA game in Brampton at 6:00pm was cancelled because of thunderstorms. 

7 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:
August 29, 2021 Result and details from the League1 Ontario game between Blue Devils FC and Guelph United FC played in Oakville. Also includes post game interview with Guelph head coach Keith Mason.

Wow, I haven't really been paying attention to the season so far, but that looks like an impressive win for Guelph! I just checked the standings and they are off to a great start. It will be interesting to see if we have a new contender for top club.

I'm surprised to see how bad Woodbridge have done so far.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Wow, I haven't really been paying attention to the season so far, but that looks like an impressive win for Guelph! I just checked the standings and they are off to a great start. It will be interesting to see if we have a new contender for top club.

I'm surprised to see how bad Woodbridge have done so far.

Guelph has been quite dominant so far. That Blue Devils team that they just beat 5-0 came into the match as the second seed in the conference with 3 wins 0 losses and 1 tie.

In 5 games, that is 23 goals for and 4 against. I'd note however, that all 4 goals against this season came in a match where they went up 5-0 in the 36th minute, and then used all 5 of their substitutions pretty early to give some depth players playing time. Brampton went on to score 4 goals in the last 30 minutes. Otherwise it's been all clean sheets.

Jace Kotsopoulos (former Forge/York) is up to 8 goals in 5 games, Alex Zis (former Forge draft pick) and Tomas Skublak (former HFX) are both on 5 goals in 5 games as well. Artemenko has played goal in all 5 matches, while former Valour midfielder Nico Galvis played 85 mins in the first match but hasn't featured since (assumedly an injury?).

I'd really like to see Zis given a chance at the CPL. I've seen him play a couple of times while in USPORTS and he reminded me of a Kyle Bekker type midfielder. Skublak was a bit of a surprise to not return to HFX after a pretty impactful year one, whereas Kotsopoulos did what he could in a few short appearances at Forge.

11 hours ago, Cblake said:

How the heck did he completely fall off the football map at such a young age? Someone explain that to me. 

Here is a really good interview with him about his career

https://audioboom.com/posts/7826971-ross-meets-jaime-peters-on-his-time-at-town-playing-for-canada-and-where-he-is-now

Basically his career ended due to work permit issues.

Hey Rocket Robin, I saw in your article that it says playoffs are uncertain. Isn't it the top two in each division, that's what L1O said at the beginning of the season https://www.league1ontario.com/news_article/show/1175395... Or did it change?

"The Men's Premier Division will consist of 15 teams split into a seven team East Division and an eight team West Division. The teams will play a 12 game regular season schedule starting July 30 with the top two teams from each division advancing to the semi-finals. The winner of the championship final in November will represent League1 Ontario in the 2022 Canadian Championship tournament."

Edited by rydermike