League1 Ontario Men's Premier Division 2021 Season

Six weeks and I've attended 15 games and now seen all 15 League1 Ontario premier division teams at least once and have an interview with a head coach or assistant from each team. http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports21/21l1o000.htm
Thank you league, teams (players and staff), and game officials.

14 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

Result and details from the Saturday October 2, 2021 League1 Ontario game between 1812 FC Barrie and North Toronto Nitros played at Terry Fox Stadium in Brampton. 

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports21/21l1o047.htmo047.htm

North Toronto Nitros, their club house is just across the street from me in Eglinton Park, and is one of the youth clubs Ralph Priso played for. Nice to see them back in L1O. 

On 10/13/2021 at 8:33 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Bump. Hey @Rocket Robinsince you are going to games, let us know a bit more. Anyone standing out? 

There are some.  I have seen some teams only once.  I may be writing another article for The Canadian Soccer Sentinel at the end of the month which happens to be the end of the L1O season before the playoffs start and compile a list of players.  Just say some players on Vaughan and Guelph are obvious choices, OK and Masters. 

From the linked article.

"We have some big and exciting things coming down the pipe this week and which I believe will alter the landscape of League1 Ontario in a very positive way as we prepare for a return to normal with the 2022 season,” Rossi said. “I won't say anything more right now but I'm sure the news will create some buzz in our soccer community."

My speculation is that maybe they are bringing the inter-provincial cup back, but this time between L1O, PLSQ, and L1BC (or whatever the BC league's name is).

Toronto Skillz were in the Championship division this season, but the article says Electric City will be in the Premier division. I wonder if that means Skillz are gone or if they had a license for each division and didn't use the Premier one this year, so they could stay in the Championship next year?

16 minutes ago, Kent said:

Toronto Skillz were in the Championship division this season, but the article says Electric City will be in the Premier division. I wonder if that means Skillz are gone or if they had a license for each division and didn't use the Premier one this year, so they could stay in the Championship next year?

All teams are in the Premier division. The Championship was a special short season for 2021. Since the season is supposed to end by Labour Day, but due to Covid the season only started in August, some teams weren't able to play in the main division  which is just wrapping up now in October, because most of their players would be headed back to university in September. So they made a special August-only season which they called the Summer Championship for the teams that couldn't commit for the late-ending season. (tldr: Championship isn't L1O Division 2)

Next year, they'll be back to a normal schedule and with one division, but looks like Skillz are out and replaced by Electric City. 22 teams are in the Premier Division now (1812, Alliance, Blue Devils, Darby, Guelph, Hamilton, FCLondon, Masters FA, North Mississauga, North Toronto Nitros, Pickering, ProStars, Scrossoppi, Sigma, St.Catharines Roma, UnionvilleMilliken, Vaughan Azzurri, Waterloo, WindsorTFC, Woodbridge, Electric City and Simcoe County Rovers