WCQ Away Game Travel

On 9/11/2021 at 5:26 PM, Walnut444 said:

Hi Joe and Christian, any idea how one goes about getting tickets to the Mexico City game? 

Unfortunately I don't know. We were a group of approx. 30-35 people and the organizer took care of everything including hotel, transfers, stadium visit, tickets, activities, etc,, etc. We just needed to book our own airfare, that was about it.

26 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The pre-sale for tickets has started for the match down in Mexico.

Anybody who is going should get in contact with the CSA (I don't know who that person would be, but with someone).

Thanks for the headsup! I will try to contact them on my end and see what the reply is.

2 hours ago, Joe1973 said:

Thanks for the headsup! I will try to contact them on my end and see what the reply is.

The Voyageurs are in contact with someone from Canada Soccer about the possibility of tickets for Mexico away.  The CSA is still waiting to hear back from the FMF.

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The pre-sale for tickets has started for the match down in Mexico.

Anybody who is going should get in contact with the CSA (I don't know who that person would be, but with someone).

Please don't all call the CSA, especially right now. 

There will be a section reserved for away fans, there has to be and there is no rush in a pre sale. 

We have not heard back because they are busy setting up the Panama game.

On 9/17/2021 at 4:59 PM, Christian B. said:

Unfortunately I don't know. We were a group of approx. 30-35 people and the organizer took care of everything including hotel, transfers, stadium visit, tickets, activities, etc,, etc. We just needed to book our own airfare, that was about it.

Where  is everyone from for this trip?

On 9/21/2021 at 3:06 PM, admin said:

Please don't all call the CSA, especially right now. 

There will be a section reserved for away fans, there has to be and there is no rush in a pre sale. 

We have not heard back because they are busy setting up the Panama game.

Did you hear back yet on what section is reserved for away fans?

Are there any semi-firm plans yet for a trip to Costa Rica?  The general consensus from earlier comments seems pretty positive about it.  If there's a group going, I think I'll book some vacation time for the end of March.  Will there be any coordination for hotel, tourist activities, transportation, security, etc.?

14 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

Are there any semi-firm plans yet for a trip to Costa Rica?  The general consensus from earlier comments seems pretty positive about it.  If there's a group going, I think I'll book some vacation time for the end of March.  Will there be any coordination for hotel, tourist activities, transportation, security, etc.?

None that we’ve planned for yet.  This Covid thing is making any travel overseas way more challenging.  We have been trying to manage ticketing for supporters sections for home matches and getting membership kits ready so the away travel hasn’t been a priority.  Maybe once the November window is over, we can investigate a bit on that front.

52 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

As one of the people hoping to do this, I will be waiting for quite a while to see what the situation is like before committing to anything.  I have the luxury of being able to book vacation time on relatively short notice as long as I manage my workload, and with all of the uncertainty (here and especially in CR) I doubt I will be making plans too far in advance.  

On 9/28/2021 at 6:36 PM, admin said:

Ok, who needs tickets to the game in Mexico

Need to know ASAP.

PM me so I can keep track of this.

Jamie

While I know its a little off in the future, just a heads up based on what they were charging US Supporters for tickets to their away match at Panama next week, tickets were $45US. Would expect the same for when Canada is down there. 

On 9/28/2021 at 2:50 PM, dyslexic nam said:

As one of the people hoping to do this, I will be waiting for quite a while to see what the situation is like before committing to anything.  I have the luxury of being able to book vacation time on relatively short notice as long as I manage my workload, and with all of the uncertainty (here and especially in CR) I doubt I will be making plans too far in advance.  

I have been looking at some hotel packages for Costa Rica departing from Toronto on March 20th, like others I will wait and see on this but as the match becomes closer if the travel is reasonable I may go to this match!

14 minutes ago, gator said:

I have been looking at some hotel packages for Costa Rica departing from Toronto on March 20th, like others I will wait and see on this but as the match becomes closer if the travel is reasonable I may go to this match!

It would be great if you (or anyone else) could share info about hotel deals. 

2 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Out of curiousity, did anyone end up down there last night?

I wish man! At the end the schedule didn't work, but chalk this up in the category: things I regret that I couldn't find better solution for.

NYT article: For Seasoned Soccer Travelers, No Other Trip Qualifies.

Soccer is the catalyst to get us to visit these places, but we dive into the full experience, and we leave with a better understanding of a country, and often an affinity for it. 

I’ve told everybody going into this qualifying cycle, ‘If you weren’t able to do the other ones, do this one, because this is the last time we’re going to feel this pressure.

“It’s college football times 10."

“It’s the Red Sox and Yankees times 20.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/09/sports/soccer/usmnt-world-cup-qualifying-concacaf.html

• 1 month later...