WCQ Away Game Travel

36 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

Not sure if this has been brought up before (apologies if redundant), but it's possible we'll have to play in front of fans at Azteca after all:

"Adding insult to injury, the women's national team could be called upon to be a sacrificial lamb, as one of its upcoming matches in September could technically be used to fulfill part of the two-game fan suspension. A statement sent by FIFA to ESPN Mexico indicated that "The sanction refers to the two next official home matches to be played by representatives of the Mexican Football Federation independent of their category.""

So that would mean a women's game, plus the MEX-JAM game behind closed doors would serve the suspension.

Source: https://www.espn.com/soccer/mexico-mex/story/4428938/how-allegiance-to-an-anti-gay-fan-chant-at-mexico-soccer-games-might-sink-el-tris-world-cup-fortunes

would be just our luck

Ticket information for those going to Nashville.  

Here is a direct link that your supporters can use to purchase tickets.  https://am.ticketmaster.com/ussoccer/quickbuy?e=MjFNMDkwNQ==&promoCode=Q0FOU1VQUA==  

The code (CANSUPP) is not required through that link as it has already been loaded in for whomever clicks on it. We have set aside around 70 tickets in Section 303. The price is $48 per ticket and there are not any additional fees/charges added on to that.

Note: 303 is nosebleed territory.

On 7/5/2021 at 10:14 PM, JamboAl said:

I was doing some research and anyone thinking of heading down to Nashville will need to have a negative Covid test before you board the plane back.  That Covid test currently costs US $175; may want to budget that into it.

https://booking.sameday-testing.com/booking/tennessee--nashville--midtown

If I do a one day in and one day out, I wonder if the Rapid PCR would work for a flight.  It doesnt have the little airplane symbol beside it.

15 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

If I do a one day in and one day out, I wonder if the Rapid PCR would work for a flight.  It doesnt have the little airplane symbol beside it.

You will want to check with the airline (and the federal government) on what type of test they will accept.  One thought on your plan: if you got a negative test results in Canada and are only gone for 48 hrs, would you have to get another test in the US or could you use the Canadian test result?

I was 80-90% to go (in my mind) when it was announced but now it’s probably less than 50-50.  Think all the factors to think about including getting stranded down there if I test positive leads me to think strongly about it.

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You will want to check with the airline (and the federal government) on what type of test they will accept.  One thought on your plan: if you got a negative test results in Canada and are only gone for 48 hrs, would you have to get another test in the US or could you use the Canadian test result?

I was 80-90% to go (in my mind) when it was announced but now it’s probably less than 50-50.  Think all the factors to think about including getting stranded down there if I test positive leads me to think strongly about it.

Thanks - I was wondering about the idea of getting the test done in Canada before the very short trip - I’ll look into that more.

3 hours ago, trc2014 said:

Whoa, hold on there. You're not allowed to visit Nashville without hitting "Honkey Tonk Row"

On 7/22/2021 at 1:06 PM, JamboAl said:

Ticket information for those going to Nashville.  

Here is a direct link that your supporters can use to purchase tickets.  https://am.ticketmaster.com/ussoccer/quickbuy?e=MjFNMDkwNQ==&promoCode=Q0FOU1VQUA==  

The code (CANSUPP) is not required through that link as it has already been loaded in for whomever clicks on it. We have set aside around 70 tickets in Section 303. The price is $48 per ticket and there are not any additional fees/charges added on to that.

Note: 303 is nosebleed territory.

Is anyone going down for this game? My wife and I are seriously considering making this our combined birthday presents, but right now it looks like only two seats in the section are purchased? 

Since we already live in the US we don’t have to worry about the border restrictions but I know people from Canada are on the fence for the game.

On 7/23/2021 at 4:22 PM, Tyson M said:

So to sit in the supporters section we have to buy in the nosebleeds? For another 20$ I can sit in the 100 level just behind the net according to stubhub... man this sucks

That is the section they gave us. 

We do the same thing (most of the time) say at BMO putting people in 203.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:58 PM, JamboAl said:

I think as long as your test results are 72 hours or less from arrival you are good....basically if you took a test Monday at noon you'd have to make sure your plane lands and you are presenting your test to a border agent before noon Thur.... but I'd definitely confirm before booking

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

So where is everyone sitting for this? Myself and three others are coming down and I see we have section 303 but are we set on that? I don't really want to commit to nosebleeds if other Canadians aren't going to be there.

I usually go on these trips but am giving this one a pass.  A slight (but not improbable) possibility of getting stranded in Nashville due to a positive Covid test and not being able to get on a plane home for days.  Plus noticed a lot of places still screen for having been out of the country for the last 14 days.

10 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

So where is everyone sitting for this? Myself and three others are coming down and I see we have section 303 but are we set on that? I don't really want to commit to nosebleeds if other Canadians aren't going to be there.

The same two seats have been sold for weeks in the section and not a single one since. Make what you want out of that. It is simple - CoVID ) :

19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I usually go on these trips but am giving this one a pass.  A slight (but not improbable) possibility of getting stranded in Nashville due to a positive Covid test and not being able to get on a plane home for days.  Plus noticed a lot of places still screen for having been out of the country for the last 14 days.

Basically this.  I can't justify going to Nashville and having a non-zero chance of missing the El Salvador match because of it.

On 8/16/2021 at 12:27 PM, CanadaFan123 said:

I've just bought my ticket in 303. 

My plan is to take an antigen test Thursday morning... Fly to Nashville Friday morning, immediately head straight to Rapid PCR test before going anywhere else in Nashville so that I can have a result within 72 hours of flying back (Monday morning). 

1 hour ago, djcuse said:

My plan is to take an antigen test Thursday morning... Fly to Nashville Friday morning, immediately head straight to Rapid PCR test before going anywhere else in Nashville so that I can have a result within 72 hours of flying back (Monday morning). 

So we're on the same flight. I like this plan.

1 hour ago, djcuse said:

Committed, Wow! This explanation is exactly why I wont be going. That's some next level support!

On 7/31/2021 at 2:24 PM, frattinator said:

Is anyone going down for this game? My wife and I are seriously considering making this our combined birthday presents, but right now it looks like only two seats in the section are purchased? 

Since we already live in the US we don’t have to worry about the border restrictions but I know people from Canada are on the fence for the game.

I will be there in Section 303! I live in Nashville, four miles from Nissan Stadium