Emil Gazdov

PiedPilko

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I suspect Amedume will get a fair bit of time as well. I heard he did quite well on loan in Next Pro last season.

Agreed but he would still be third to TMG and Didic, whereas I’m not even sure we have another keeper at the moment, do we? Barring a signing Gazdov could easily clear the U21 bar on his own. 

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

how has he looked in league play ?

With him being the starter, where does this rank him in our prospects ? Can’t be far behind Sirois, or maybe right behind ?

It's only one league game so far this season but he got the shutout. He's looked pretty assured and confident in his limited appearances, and he clearly has size, athletic ability, and a read on the game. Last night's goal against should never have been allowed. I think everyone expected the whistle to be blown, including Emil and the defenders.

Regardless, he only has a few pro starts to his name, so I'd say it's still too early to place him

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

So a guy with 2 CPL games is right behind the 2021 CPL keeper of the year who is currently getting time in MLS??  Could be I guess, but wouldnt we rather see what he does over a full CPL season?    

I should clarify that I just genuinely thought we had no one else.

He still could be, who realized Kone was almost a regular for CMNT after he played 3 games for Montreal.  Still..... theres lots of keepers out there, the kids in England playing for u-21 sides, Breza/Dejardins, the top CPL guys, the NextPro guys (Garvan/Anchor/Boehmer).  

• 11 months later...
10 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

No goalie has really moved up in the cpl yet, lots of candidates to be the first.

Other than loans like Sirois and Pantemis. Gazdov was really shaky to start the season last year, but I think he has the ability to play at a higher level

37 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Other than loans like Sirois and Pantemis. Gazdov was really shaky to start the season last year, but I think he has the ability to play at a higher level

They did say at the time they rated him highly, surely he can get a chance somewhere once he improves his consistency. He’s only 21

25 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

They did say at the time they rated him highly, surely he can get a chance somewhere once he improves his consistency. He’s only 21

I think he's 20 for a while still