Emil Gazdov

PiedPilko

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Xavier. said:

I would say Owen Goodman is our best eligible GK.

If Gazdov gets minutes I'd rather someone who plays against pros than someone just playing academy minutes.

Also with how bad English clubs are often at releasing Canadians for youth camps I wouldn't be surprised if we get told no.

Edited by VinceA

29 minutes ago, VinceA said:

If Gazdov gets minutes I'd rather someone who plays against pros than someone just playing academy minutes.

Also with how bad English clubs are often at releasing Canadians for youth camps I wouldn't be surprised if we get told no.

I would tend to agree with this....but does this really matter for GKs? Especially when the level gap isn't extraordinary..
If they are playing, they are playing. Shots on target are shots on target, saves are saves...no?

Edited by Shway
isn't not is

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

Yea a lot depends on how Gazdov does at Pacific. Goodman is pretty highly touted, called up to Englands u18s in the past, started for Crystal Palace u23s recently. 

13 minutes ago, Shway said:

I would tend to agree with this....but does this really matter for GKs? Especially when the level gap is extraordinary..
If they are playing, they are playing. Shots on target are shots on target, saves are saves...no?

Why wouldn't it matter for GKs? Edit: and you think the level gap between U-18 premier league and CPL is extraordinary?!

14 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Why wouldn't it matter for GKs? Edit: and you think the level gap between U-18 premier league and CPL is extraordinary?!

(meant to say isn't*)

It's just a theory. As its all relative.

Will he even play consistently over Irving? I doubt it. 

Opportunities for keepers come very few and far between. And it doesn't really dictate where the level is/capability (i.e. Busti)

....And to note this same theory was used for the senior team when we had a guy scoring goals at the youth level with no first team experience, and was consistently included in the squad. Different times for the senior squad, but we haven't evolved yet at the youth level.

Edited by Shway

40 minutes ago, Shway said:

(meant to say isn't*)

It's just a theory. As its all relative.

Will he even play consistently over Irving? I doubt it. 

Opportunities for keepers come very few and far between. And it doesn't really dictate where the level is/capability (i.e. Busti)

....And to note this same theory was used for the senior team when we had a guy scoring goals at the youth level with no first team experience, and was consistently included in the squad. Different times for the senior squad, but we haven't evolved yet at the youth level.

To me Gazdov is an obvious example of how the youth setup has changed in Canada with CPL in the mix. How can you say we haven't evolved?

20 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

To me Gazdov is an obvious example of how the youth setup has changed in Canada with CPL in the mix. How can you say we haven't evolved?

Opportunities have evolved.

Canada Youth national teams…haven’t.
Performance is one thing, preparation is another. 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://gong.bg/football-sviat/legioneri/multimedia/video/kanadski-talant-s-bylgarski-proizhod-iskam-da-igraia-za-bylgariia-napomniam-na-vsichki-za-zlatnata-topka-na-stoichkov-717933

Interview with Gazdov where he says the Bulgarian FA has not contacted him, but he would be interested in playing for Bulgaria.  Of course, this is all based on google translate ;)

Edited by Buchta

2 hours ago, Buchta said:

https://gong.bg/football-sviat/legioneri/multimedia/video/kanadski-talant-s-bylgarski-proizhod-iskam-da-igraia-za-bylgariia-napomniam-na-vsichki-za-zlatnata-topka-na-stoichkov-717933

Interview with Gazdov where he says the Bulgarian FA has not contacted him, but he would be interested in playing for Bulgaria.  Of course, this is all based on google translate ;)

Don't blame him. He got completely ignored by the U20 squad.

31 minutes ago, shorty said:

Would appear so — and likely the main source of U21 minutes as I think Sean Young ages out of U21 as of this year. 

I suspect Amedume will get a fair bit of time as well. I heard he did quite well on loan in Next Pro last season.