2019-2020 Transfer Market

mtlsab

1 hour ago, TFC2017 said:

Actually of everything I stated, his salary with Forge is what i'm positive about. 12.5k was his take home pay. What he's making now I'm not sure, I just don't believe the 250k that's been going around. Ofcourse I could be wrong though 

$250k rumour started with a non-football source... they were clearly confused with the transfer fee.  $12.5 k is not close... my brothers made more playing Junior B hockey.  

38 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

$250k rumour started with a non-football source... they were clearly confused with the transfer fee.  $12.5 k is not close... my brothers made more playing Junior B hockey.  

Actually I was the one who through up the link about the 250k. It was reported by Steve Milton of the Hamilton Spectator. Steve has been following CPL prior to its existence, so I assume he is pretty well connected, especially with Forge. I also dont believe that he would make up numbers that end up front page of the sport's section without some kind of confirmation from somewhere. If you really feel like figuring it out send him an email.

smilton@thespec.com

1 hour ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

CPL actually doing pretty well on euro per player transferred at 3,764:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/canadian-premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/CAN1

Ireland & NZ at nil. USL at 77. Iceland 1,339, Scottish Champ 1,989, Australia 4,815, and Finland 6,448 propped up by Bologna's Lasse buy.

It's also 2 players. I wouldn't really make anything about this. 

Fun facts:

Thus far 52 players have  been confirmed as leaving the league. They have a total value on Transfermarkt of 6.5m euro or 125,000 per player. 

18 players have been confirmed as arriving. They have a total value of 2.225m euro or 123,611 per player. Although it should be said that anyone coming out of university/low pro level typically has nil value on this site. (There are 7 such players in the 18). Transfermarkt did a CPL update about a week into the season last year. 

Not the be all and end all, but some numbers to track for fun.

Edited by youllneverwalkalone

On 2/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, youllneverwalkalone said:

Fun facts:

Thus far 52 players have  been confirmed as leaving the league. They have a total value on Transfermarkt of 6.5m euro or 125,000 per player. 

18 players have been confirmed as arriving. They have a total value of 2.225m euro or 123,611 per player. Although it should be said that anyone coming out of university/low pro level typically has nil value on this site. (There are 7 such players in the 18). Transfermarkt did a CPL update about a week into the season last year. 

Not the be all and end all, but some numbers to track for fun.

As of the Soto transfer, the average age of confirmed players out is 25.75. Confirmed players in is 24.10. I was surprised how old guys like Andre Bona were. HFX had a bunch of fogies. It will be interesting to see if some of this "experience" contributed to the surprising quality of play; or whether the younger players added here are sufficient quality to maintain or raise the standard.

• 3 weeks later...