Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
narduch

Match Thread: June 15, 2019 - Forge FC v. Valour FC - CONCACAF League Qualifier

Recommended Posts

Forge should seal the CL deal here. They only need a point and since Valour seem incapable of scoring at the moment, that seems assured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Pretty much everyone claims to be possession based these days.  Those are just words.

So you don't know what it means??? It is a very distinct style of play and I don't know why you think all teams claim to play that way because that is absolute rubbish!

(Also seems like a weird thing to try to pick a fight over.)

Edited by Lofty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lofty said:

So you don't know what it means??? It is a very distinct style of play and I don't know why you think all teams claim to play that way because that is absolute rubbish!

I know what it means.  No need to have another unnecessary offside/play-vs-touch debate.  I think if you asked most modern coaches if they try to play a possession-style game, they would say yes, unless they are hobbled with an absolutely crap squad that is incapable of knocking a ball around.

I don't remember you being this incessantly aggressive from the old site.  It's a great look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I know what it means.  No need to have another unnecessary offside/play-vs-touch debate.  I think if you asked most modern coaches if they try to play a possession-style game, they would say yes, unless they are hobbled with an absolutely crap squad that is incapable of knocking a ball around.

I don't remember you being this incessantly aggressive from the old site.  It's a great look.

Ah, you're butt hurt over that other discussion. Now I understand why you are trying to pick a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol.  Not in the least.  I wasn't arguing with you there - and I am not here trying to pick a fight.  I just have no idea why you are having a go at everyone lately.  Like I said, I don't remember you being like this on the V site.

Anywho, I don't plan to engage any further.  Too many great things happening today in Canadian footy to sit around arguing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Lol.  Not in the least.  I wasn't arguing with you there - and I am not here trying to pick a fight.  I just have no idea why you are having a go at everyone lately.  Like I said, I don't remember you being like this on the V site.

Anywho, I don't plan to engage any further.  Too many great things happening today in Canadian footy to sit around arguing. 

Good. I think your perspective on the prior discussion is very different from mine (and certainly not relevant here!).

Anyway, this is for you. It lists a bunch of different styles of play. Possession based football is hardly the only one.

http://expertfootball.com/wp/?p=495

As to why you would make a snarky response to what was clearly just a throw away quip, well, I guess you are the only one who knows that.

Edited by Lofty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Speaking as an outsider on this one:

The camera didn't have a great view, but I'm not sure the entire ball was over the entire line there.

Speaking as an "insider" (😆) I thought it was in, but I'm going to take a bigger picture view anyway and just say that Forge deserved it regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...