Sign in to follow this  
narduch

Match Thread: June 15, 2019 - Forge FC v. Valour FC - CONCACAF League Qualifier

Forge should seal the CL deal here. They only need a point and since Valour seem incapable of scoring at the moment, that seems assured.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Pretty much everyone claims to be possession based these days.  Those are just words.

So you don't know what it means??? It is a very distinct style of play and I don't know why you think all teams claim to play that way because that is absolute rubbish!

(Also seems like a weird thing to try to pick a fight over.)

Edited by Lofty

4 minutes ago, Lofty said:

So you don't know what it means??? It is a very distinct style of play and I don't know why you think all teams claim to play that way because that is absolute rubbish!

I know what it means.  No need to have another unnecessary offside/play-vs-touch debate.  I think if you asked most modern coaches if they try to play a possession-style game, they would say yes, unless they are hobbled with an absolutely crap squad that is incapable of knocking a ball around.

I don't remember you being this incessantly aggressive from the old site.  It's a great look.

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I know what it means.  No need to have another unnecessary offside/play-vs-touch debate.  I think if you asked most modern coaches if they try to play a possession-style game, they would say yes, unless they are hobbled with an absolutely crap squad that is incapable of knocking a ball around.

I don't remember you being this incessantly aggressive from the old site.  It's a great look.

Ah, you're butt hurt over that other discussion. Now I understand why you are trying to pick a fight.

Lol.  Not in the least.  I wasn't arguing with you there - and I am not here trying to pick a fight.  I just have no idea why you are having a go at everyone lately.  Like I said, I don't remember you being like this on the V site.

Anywho, I don't plan to engage any further.  Too many great things happening today in Canadian footy to sit around arguing. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Lol.  Not in the least.  I wasn't arguing with you there - and I am not here trying to pick a fight.  I just have no idea why you are having a go at everyone lately.  Like I said, I don't remember you being like this on the V site.

Anywho, I don't plan to engage any further.  Too many great things happening today in Canadian footy to sit around arguing. 

Good. I think your perspective on the prior discussion is very different from mine (and certainly not relevant here!).

Anyway, this is for you. It lists a bunch of different styles of play. Possession based football is hardly the only one.

http://expertfootball.com/wp/?p=495

As to why you would make a snarky response to what was clearly just a throw away quip, well, I guess you are the only one who knows that.

Edited by Lofty

3 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Speaking as an outsider on this one:

The camera didn't have a great view, but I'm not sure the entire ball was over the entire line there.

Speaking as an "insider" (😆) I thought it was in, but I'm going to take a bigger picture view anyway and just say that Forge deserved it regardless.