Canadians Abroad May 17th- May 23rd 2019

jordan

Guidelines for this thread

•  In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for April 19-25, 2019.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

@admin please pin

Belarus

Milovan Kapor played the last 14 in a 3-2 loss to Zhodino

Bulgaria

Dom Iankov remained on the bench in Ludogorets 1-1 draw with Levski Sofia

Chile

Gutierrez starts against U. De Chile. 90 minutes in a 1-1 draw

Lithuania

Tosaint Ricketts starts against Stumbras. Scored in a 2-0 win. The goal 

Scotland

No Simeon Jackson in St. Mirren's match with Dundee FC. St Mirren will now have a Relegation playoff match with Dundee United. I believe Jackson is out of Contract at the end of season

Wotherspoon went 90 in a 2 -0 loss to Hamilton

Edited by jordan

2 hours ago, jordan said:

Liam Millar is on the Kilmarnock bench for today’s match with Rangers. Arfield is on early holiday

Kilmarnock beat rangers 2-1 Liam comes on and makes an immediate impact scoring an offside goal.(called back)  Did really well. Played the last 10 mins in front of 12000!! 

What an amazing experience the loan has been would be nice to have played more but battered his way into a very good team and learned how to be a proper Professional  so pleased..

Killie finish 3rd in the SPFL. And qualify for Europe!! 

Edited by spitfire

41 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Kilmarnock beat rangers 2-1 Liam comes on and makes an immediate impact scoring an offside goal.(called back)  Did really well. Played the last 10 mins in front of 12000!! 

What an amazing experience the loan has been would be nice to have played more but battered his way into a very good team and learned how to be a proper Professional  so pleased..

Killie finish 3rd in the SPFL. And qualify for Europe!! 

Really happy for you and Liam! I'm excited to see what next season has in store for him!

4 hours ago, Strait Red said:

Jonathan David plays 89 mins and gets his 12th goal of the Juliper League for Gent.

So this is technically not a league goal, it is a championship playoff goal.

The win puts them 5th of 6 in the playoff league.

So now they will play the winner of the playoffs between 12 teams other to decide their rival for the last Europa League spot. I think the teams that have to play off still are Kortrijk and Sporting Charleroi in a home and away semi, starting this Wednesday.

The winner plays Gent home and away, I believe to qualify for early Europa League rounds.  I suppose that will be in ten days.