Sub forums for each team?

I was just going to post on a related subject, PR. 

I agree though, I believe every club should have its season thread, on this CPL page.

And then anyone who wants, if they are going to watch and follow and comment, does a standard game thread, with teams, home first, and saying "Game Thread".

A date could be added but I think that will be clear enough over the season. 

Eg, today's: Pacific FC -HFX Wanderers, Game Thread, and optionally 29/4/19

1 minute ago, Big_M said:

Will there be that much information to have a sub forum for each team? Better have everything here..1 general thread for each team and 1 match thread for each game so around 100-120 threads in 6 months

Yeah, I am not convinced on the sub forums.  Breaking things up too much. 

But I also think things get buried in a single thread for a broad topic.

12 hours ago, admin said:

I'll create the sub forums today

I think for the standard, game thread should be a prefix.  

There are prefix/suffic options for threads. I'll look at them after lunch.

are you doing it for both cpl and mls teams? i like the idea of splitting it up, i think it could spur rivalries weirdly

Just have a Pre-Season, Spring Season, Fall Season, Post-Season thread for each team? And when you start the new thread lock the old one (but post a link to the locked thread in the body of the first post of the new thread?) That way threads dont grow to become huge. Can also sticky match threads like you've been doing. 

I think that system would work fine.

13 minutes ago, Lofty said:

I think we should have a sub forum for all the match threads. There are a lot of them and they are cluttering up the main CPL forum, and pushing down topics that are still relevant (although not posted to for "a while") long after the match thread has lost current relevance.

I was just thinking that today.  All matches, one place? Or CanPL Matches one place.  I think all, try that first.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

I was just thinking that today.  All matches, one place? Or CanPL Matches one place.  I think all, try that first.

I understand the logic, but if people would just post the exciting news about their teams that would push game threads down quickly. 

Issey no longer seasick.

How do they stop the horses from shitting in Cavalry pregames?

Is the large building in the corner of the Wanderers Ground haunted?

If people would be a bit more diligent about relevant posts, the game threads would not bother us so much.

17 hours ago, admin said:

Thing is most people view the forum in Fluid mode or use the Activity Stream, so it doesn't make much difference.

Questions is what are people liking about this statement.

1. That it doesn't matter so make it.

2. That it doesn't matter so don't bother making it.

^ I dunno, but if I could "hide" threads I just don't wanna see that would be perfect. I could "turn off" the first post in match-thread and not have to worry about wading through dozens of notification in the activity feed

2 hours ago, admin said:

Questions is what are people liking about this statement.

1. That it doesn't matter so make it.

2. That it doesn't matter so don't bother making it.

I use Fluid mode so it doesn't make much difference to me.

I use fluid mode. It's not a huge issue, but I think a CPL match thread sub forum makes sense. Personally I don't have interest in those threads, but I do tend to be interested in the national team game threads (typically after the game is already done).

The national team games are more rare so it's more achievable to read up on it, and in cases where the game isn't available to watch, or only through a live stream that may be at a time when I can't watch, it's the only way to consume the game.