CSA is exploring the possibility of re-designing the National team crest

To sum up ...

<Tg11>
I like the current CSA crest.  National team players have proudly worn it for nearly 40 years so it has some history there.  I would not mind if they kept it.  However, there is no denying that a refresh would help bring attention to the program in the build up to the World Cup in 2026.  I mean just imagine a new logo for a new era in Canadian soccer.  This is the best time to re-brand the CSA but it is up to them.  Do you think they will do this now?
</Tg11>

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Good stuff. One thing less they had to address that they don't need to worry about. 

The CSA did address it. It's just that they now control CONCACAF and did it through them!

Only half joking.

48 minutes ago, Kent said:

The CSA did address it. It's just that they now control CONCACAF and did it through them!

Only half joking.

Ha. I'm only half bitter things will work fine come September. Just feel like from feb-september has been a little wasted. 

That's from the outside though so what do I know. 

I also agree with Tg-hewhoshallnotbenamed-11

6 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

No thanks.  The current crest isn't great but when was the last time you saw a new crest that looked good?

Leeds United rebranded their crest this past year, didn’t they? That was unanimously supported and deemed a success, right? ....... right?

Glad this convo is being brought up.

We need a new logo, and a new uniform sponsor to usher in a new era. 

Canada has some more added value with the World Cup coming soon. 

Umbro you've been good, but Canadians here would rather wear roots than Umbro. 

Incredibly opposed to this. The current crest is timeless, in the same way that many of the NHL Original 6 logos are.

I expect anything they come up with to have a sleek and modern look, which will look like it needs a new redesign in 20 years.

Also, I am wary of those who speak of this whole "new era" business. I have only been following the team since 2008 and I think we're at our 4th "new era" since then.

When Canada finally qualifies for the World Cup, then we'll actually be in a new era.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:48 AM, Sébastien said:

Incredibly opposed to this. The current crest is timeless, in the same way that many of the NHL Original 6 logos are.

I expect anything they come up with to have a sleek and modern look, which will look like it needs a new redesign in 20 years.

Also, I am wary of those who speak of this whole "new era" business. I have only been following the team since 2008 and I think we're at our 4th "new era" since then.

When Canada finally qualifies for the World Cup, then we'll actually be in a new era.

Reality is they have been selected to host a WC in 8 years(meaning qualification), and our new coast to coast national league is launching next year.

I don't know about you but those marquee events in history suggest Canada is going into a new era to me. 

You don't change once your there, but you change before to build a brand that is cohesive and forward thinking to where you want to be. 

On 6/20/2018 at 9:23 PM, Pat Carrasco said:

That's right...Nick Bontis from the CSA has confirmed the information today. It's about time. I'm pretty tired and frankly the present crest is not a great design.

Do you have a link or any more specific details on what was said?  I'd love to see this finally happen

On 6/21/2018 at 7:24 PM, maccaliam said:

Leeds United rebranded their crest this past year, didn’t they? That was unanimously supported and deemed a success, right? ....... right?

I don't see how The Partridge Family is going to get this club back to the top flight.

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 1.58.31 PM.png

On 6/26/2018 at 11:48 AM, Sébastien said:

When we qualify again, you mean.

If hosting a WC and a new league are not new era.... I can't imagine what would be.

I am also weary of the new logo.  

1 minute ago, admin said:

When we qualify again, you mean.

If hosting a WC and a new league are not new era.... I can't imagine what would be.

I am also weary of the new logo.  

Do you mean you're wary of a new one, or weary of the old one?  Either one works, and I agree.

1 minute ago, SuperCanuck said:

Do you mean you're wary of a new one, or weary of the old one?  Either one works, and I agree.

I am weary of them making a new one.  

CPL Logo turned out great, it almost didn't.   But they really came through. 

Archived