CPL TV Contract

6 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I signed up. https://www.dazn.com . Not sure if you can see the schedule unless you are signed up.

You have until Aug 27 I believe to cancel if you don't like it. But it already has older Argentinian games from June/July and recent J league games. All other games are scheduled. Mostly start the Aug 5 weekend. Looks like all League 1 games. Most English Championship. I don't see a Cardiff games scheduled to see Hoilett.

I see the free month trial, and I'll likely sign up middle of August when the European season starts.

So at the moment, I can only see the front page, but I do see the La Liga and Serie A emblems there.

When you're browsing through the schedule, what do you see for those two leagues at the moment? Thanks in advance.

For me, how beIN and DAZN split up the La Liga games will be the big factor in what I sign up for again in August, that's just for me though. I'm sure, like we've discussed above, that there will be some people, some friends of mine for sure, who will be looking at DAZN for the NFL games for sure.

21 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I signed up. https://www.dazn.com . Not sure if you can see the schedule unless you are signed up.

You have until Aug 27 I believe to cancel if you don't like it. But it already has older Argentinian games from June/July and recent J league games. All other games are scheduled. Mostly start the Aug 5 weekend. Looks like all League 1 games. Most English Championship. I don't see a Cardiff games scheduled to see Hoilett.

They need to be available on PS4 :(

31 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

I see the free month trial, and I'll likely sign up middle of August when the European season starts.

So at the moment, I can only see the front page, but I do see the La Liga and Serie A emblems there.

When you're browsing through the schedule, what do you see for those two leagues at the moment? Thanks in advance.

For me, how beIN and DAZN split up the La Liga games will be the big factor in what I sign up for again in August, that's just for me though. I'm sure, like we've discussed above, that there will be some people, some friends of mine for sure, who will be looking at DAZN for the NFL games for sure.

Yeah...I wonder if DAZN essentially has La Liga minus Real Mardrid/Barcelona games...

41 minutes ago, Ansem said:

They need to be available on PS4 :(

15 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

pretty sure I saw a youtube review of the DAZN PS4 app...

On twitter they replied and said the PS4 and Apple TV app will be available soon. Android TV app is working for me.

56 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

No Serie A and La Liga games in the schedule yet, but the schedule only goes to Aug 10th. I assume I will see how many Serie A and La Liga games they have when we get closer to the start of those leagues. I wouldn't be surprised if BeIN sub-leases the rights to DAZN for Serie A and La Liga. They do that with FuboTV for their streaming product because BeIN sports actual streaming product is somewhat limited.

Anyway back to CPL TV contract. I am glad there is another potential provider that can give the CPL decent coverage. Maybe even in future compete for the TV contract and increase the TV revenues.

So I noticed this today 

http://stadiumdigital.com/about-us/

I was aware of Lulu, but I wasn't aware of the background of some of the people involved... Mark Silver looks like a guy with a lot of experience in the streaming world. Won awards for his involvement with CBC's streaming of the 2010 Olympics (which, personally, is some of the best utilization of streaming I've ever seen), setting up TSN GO, etc. Given who follows who on Twitter and the rest of the Stadium Digital board, fairly sure this guy would be working pretty closely with CPL

Not saying this changes much of the conversation, just saying that they look like they have the expertise available to make the best decision for the league 

Edited by Complete Homer

12 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

So I noticed this today 

I was aware of Lulu, but I wasn't aware of the background of some of the people involved... Mark Silver looks like a guy with a lot of experience in the streaming world. Won awards for his involvement with CBC's streaming of the 2010 Olympics (which, personally, is some of the best utilization of streaming I've ever seen), setting up TSN GO, etc. Given who follows who on Twitter and the rest of the Stadium Digital board, fairly sure this guy would be working pretty closely with CPL

Not saying this changes much of the conversation, just saying that they look like they have the expertise available to make the best decision for the league 

Great find, and definitely does change the conversation quite a bit, considering the three names on that link lol.

The discussions between Bob Young, TSN and MLSE must be on some next level this year.

Just now, ironcub14 said:

Great find, and definitely does change the conversation quite a bit, considering the three names on that link lol.

The discussions between Bob Young, TSN and MLSE must be on some next level this year.

It looks like past TSN involvement, so it doesn't necessarily mean they are working together now. Just meant the people involved are very qualified (and processor have those handy connections) 

16 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

So I noticed this today 

I'd say it's likely we see a CPL streaming platform developed by them then. Young being the chairman makes it seem almost certain. 

13 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

It looks like past TSN involvement, so it doesn't necessarily mean they are working together now. Just meant the people involved are very qualified (and processor have those handy connections) 

Awesome find, can't believe no one stumbled on that. Beirne has said streaming was big part of plan and I guess we know where now 

3 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Awesome find, can't believe no one stumbled on that. Beirne has said streaming was big part of plan and I guess we know where now 

Just a random thing to stumble upon. Mark Silver liked a tweet of mine, I thought the name rung a bell, and I checked out his page which linked to the web site. Same reason I suspected Belan was involved months before it was public. 

OK, time to take a break before I start looking like this

3lQ5B.gif

3 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Just a random thing to stumble upon. Mark Silver liked a tweet of mine, I thought the name rung a bell, and I checked out his page which linked to the web site. Same reason I suspected Belan was involved months before it was public. 

OK, time to take a break before I start looking like this

3lQ5B.gif

I hate to break it to you, but everyone on these forums has looked like that for at least the last year.

(BBTB is the dude in green)

12 minutes ago, Nick P said:

A TV deal with Sportsnet and DAZN Canada would be huge for the CPL

I don't really see that happening unless Sportsnet agreed to blackout CPL games on it's streaming service. I'm not really sure there will be enough games at first to share between two broadcasters anyway.

29 minutes ago, matty said:

Just on MLS's YouTube channel. If @mlsintoronto reads this thread, please make sure the CPL is on top of having condensed games and highlights up on YouTube ASAP. I'm trying to find highlights for TFC-NYCFC and the video is not yet up on MLS' page.

I watched a highlights compilation last night on TFC's website if you still haven't found it yet. 

2 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

I watched a highlights compilation last night on TFC's website if you still haven't found it yet. 

I ended up watching in on mls.com. their player is annoying when it comes to rewatching plays.