Gold Cup Viewing Parties

Admin

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, squizz1402635577 said:

Dunno if this can be called official, but in Victoria they'll play the games at the Yates Street Taphouse, 759 Yates St.

Since the Highlanders game is being shown online afterwards (7:30), the official viewing party will be a double-feature (with BBQ in between) at the home of El Presidente. Bonus: his TV is bigger than at the Taphouse and we have free beer!

FB Event: http://www.facebook.com/events/294663090943213/

EDIT:

Canada v Costa Rica: probably at the Taphouse

Canada v Honduras: kicks off at the same time as Highlanders v Shittle, our final match of the season so no viewing party. :( We will go old school and share updates off the wireless. ;)

+1 for vancouver, the MNT and WNT 'traditional home'.   hahhahahah.....

anywhere outside of US and here, this would have generated at least a week of hype.    thank-you to our national soccer broadcastor for allowing us to watch this on tsn4! i guess bjs are on 1, 2, 3 and sportsnet is talking about the latest stupid ice hockey signings...  

i HATE being a football supportor in this country. squizzo is great. hes brutally honest and is the biggest cheerleader, but the MNT will never be good w/o the supoort of the mainstream media.

/end rant.

13 hours ago, kungfucious said:

anywhere outside of US and here, this would have generated at least a week of hype.    thank-you to our national soccer broadcastor for allowing us to watch this on tsn4! i guess bjs are on 1, 2, 3 and sportsnet is talking about the latest stupid ice hockey signings...  

There is no reason to hype up a tournament in which the two best teams don't bring their best players, our first match is probably going to end with a team fielding an ineligible player, and we haven't scored a goal from open play in the tournament this decade.

(And frankly, TSN is showing more live matches this time around than any other Gold Cup that I can remember and its not even remotely close).

If this team wants support from the mainstream people, they should play better.

Archived