Cyle Larin

shermanator

2 hours ago, ADP10 said:

Anyone know how to watch the final tonight?

I would check the international channel of RTVE, Spanish national television.

Or the national website, if available, RTVE Play. https://www.rtve.es/play/

You can sign up for free to get access.

https://www.rtve.es/play/videos/directo/deportes/futbol-athletic-club-mallorca-final-copa-rey/

Quite often they make certain content available online, streamed, depending on local rights and all. 

10 pm local time.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

As you can imagine, with the Spanish league stopped this weekend, which they rarely do, the media around the Cup final is massive. A lot of shows, long press conferences, thousands of fans going to Seville, many without tickets. The Bilbao fans go in droves as well and they'll be in bars around the town watching. They suspect Athletic fans will have found tix in Mallorca sections even.

Aguirre in his long press conference only made one Larin reference, how so many of the team's cards were for talking to the ref, yellows to his assistants, guys on the bench, and players. Then mentioned Larin with most of his cards for dissent, with a funny comment about how the Spanish refs understand enough English to card him. Aguirre, as usual, is funny and engaging in his statements to the press.

Related: the absolutely dumbest questions come from the Mexican media there. The level is very poor, I would dare say that part of the problem in Mexico, after also watching many programmes during WC qualifying, is that the discourse around football in Mexico is mediocre and the press has a lot to do with that.

Learned that Mascarell for Mallorca won the German Cup for Frankfurt over Bayern Munich, in 2018, the year before Davies got there.

Other details: if Athletic win, that opens up a spot for Europa League amongst those near the 7th place in the table. If Mallorca win, they go into Europa League, and the 7th team in the final table is left off I believe.

For the Spanish national team, most likely Sancet, Nico Williams and Vivian the CB are probably going to the Eurocup (edit: Unai Simon, the Spain starting keeper, is not starting in the Cup for them). Mallorca has no one in the Spain picture.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Larin and Mallorca are gonna have to make the most of their chances this game.  Unsurprising, Bilbao have a lot of the early pressure.  However, as I type this, Muriqui gets a chance but the shot is right at keeper and touched over.

Back to back corners now for Mallorca.

Edited by Corazon