MLS Cup 2016 - Toronto FC vs. Seattle Sounders

jpg75

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season ticket holders, were you able to purchase more than the number of season tickets you have? For example, if you have 2 season tickets, were you only allowed to get 2? Or could you get more than 2? I'm curious because I'm not a SSH this season but should be in on the next round of pre-sale (apparently Monday morning). I'm wondering if there is a chance it gets sold out before it gets to my pre-sale. Especially with this talk of sponsors getting some tickets allocated as well. I wonder how many tickets Seattle will get. Same as Montreal or more/less?

I actually was able to log in before 10:00 and could had just about any seat, but decided to seat in the same ones I've been for the last 10 years. I've been told that STH'ers will be be able to pick up additional tix before they go to the general public Monday

8 hours ago, Ivan said:

No, I could not get more than the 4 I own.  And, like mtroads, I couldn't get my seats or my section.

Same boat here. We lost our perfect seats in 223 and now are sitting in the lower section of the west side of the stadium - closer to the field but not as good of a vantage point. The only thing that irks me is that we were able to retain our usual season ticket seats in 223 for the MLS Cup final in 2010. I guess there's a ton more sponsors now?

Oh well, it's still better than the seats I would have had in Colorado or the seats I wouldn't have had in Seattle if the semi-final results didn't go our way.

Please BEAT SEATTLE SENSELESS. I mean total blowout start to finish utter humiliation type senseless.

I can handle Portland winning it because they have a certain swagger that is genuine. I can not stand the thought of Seattle winning it.

This will be as big as 79 if not bigger. Get it done TFC!

Not really on topic here, but I am in Florida on the 10th.  Anyone on these forums know of a good place to watch the games around Kissimmee?  It would be great to catch a game with some fellow TFC supporters if possible.  I just need to watch the game no matter what, even if it is a sketchy dive bar somewhere.

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, KMB said:

Not really on topic here, but I am in Florida on the 10th.  Anyone on these forums know of a good place to watch the games around Kissimmee?  It would be great to catch a game with some fellow TFC supporters if possible.  I just need to watch the game no matter what, even if it is a sketchy dive bar somewhere.

Thanks 

Maybe ask some of the Orlando City guys on bigsoccer

So far TFC has gotten behind too quickly both Mtl games and only dominated away vs NYFC countering. As I see it that's playing with fire. It's also poor coaching because none of those results have anything to do with a game plan.  They were just firepower overcoming adversity or exploiting a weakness.

SEATTLE is not MTL: they showed they can keep the lead away under pressure. As I see it if TFC does the same and sloppily gets behind this time there'll be no second chance.

And I'm 100% in favour of them winning and hate Seattle.  But things as they are...

I  am  so  rooting   for  TFC   But  I  think  this  will  be  a  tough  game   Seatle  Has  beem  on  fire  since  July   and  I  think  they  are  better  defensivly  than  Montreal .   If  TFC  plays  the  press  game  like  they  did  vs  NYFC  they  may  have  a  chance   my  Prediction   is  TFC  2   Seatle   1  

Looks like my pre-sale code has been lost in the mail. I usually get 2 or 3 different pre-sale codes sent to me for various TFC things, they call me a couple times a year to try to get me to buy season tickets again, and for this game I signed up to that Toronto Til I Die thing as well. And yet, I get no presale code.

Looks like I'm screwed unless I want to pay a fortune on stub hub. Very annoyed!

19 minutes ago, FarmersFC said:

I signed up for Torontotillidie, no email. sight doesn't exist anymore. I half expected this to happen . . . still feel scammed though. 

Yeah, as soon as the presale started, the site disappeared. TFC twitter said the presale sold out at about 12:15 and claimed there would be tickets for the 1pm public sale. I couldn't even get a single ticket at 1:00pm. So I guess whatever they had, sold out in less than a minute.

Having lived through and been at quite a few finals as a Barça fan, I take it as a very good sign there are so few posts and near silence from TFC fans except in the tickets department. And no, I am not doing a super-subtle irony thing, I'm serious.

Finals are sacred and the best you can do is shut up and keep it to yourself, have your working week, eat your meals though keep it light, go to the gym, watch another sport on tv, not make any damn prediction ever (never mind NEVER bet on one if your team is playing). Resist efforts from those who really don't give a damn to get you chatting about it. Just don't answer. Being a fan of a team going into a final is a bit like being a spy or doing something clandestine, with the exception that you might wear your shirt to work on Friday and let the bag out, that's how I see it.

I am not even going to bother concluding this post, just want to say I'm impressed, pretty clear how important the damn thing is for you, none of this "just happy to be here" crap. Does tee me off a bit, though, that there may be a good contingent of recent jumps on the bandwagons in the stands, so be it, always been that way.

Archived