MLS Cup 2016 - Toronto FC vs. Seattle Sounders

jpg75

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I normally like what KJ has to say, but it is BS to immediately put some of the blame Vanney for subbing Gio.  He brought on Ricketts who was involved in multiple opportunities that easily could have won it in extra time. TFC didn't lose because Gio wasn't there to take a PK.  

If Gio took a penalty, I'm confident Bradley still would have as well. I see no difference in the end.

Sorry TFC. Better luck next time. They should have left Giovinco on the field. Seriously the most expensive player and you sub him off for $80,000 Ricketts??? It was a gamble that hurt them. 

Seattle was solid in the back. Frei was the man coming back to haunt his old team. 

2 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

Sorry TFC. Better luck next time. They should have left Giovinco on the field. Seriously the most expensive player and you sub him off for $80,000 Ricketts??? It was a gamble that hurt them. 

Seattle was solid in the back. Frei was the man coming back to haunt his old team. 

Disagree.  I didn't see anything from Gio that suggested he was going to win it.  Before the game, I was thinking that it would suck if he had an off night.  IMO he totally did.  Conversely, Ricketts was positive from the moment he stepped on the field.

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Disagree.  I didn't see anything from Gio that suggested he was going to win it.  Before the game, I was thinking that it would suck if he had an off night.  IMO he totally did.  Conversely, Ricketts was positive from the moment he stepped on the field.

I can see where you are coming with this and I agree Giovinco didn't have the most productive  playoffs except the NY series. He didn't do much in this game either and putting in the hot sub like Ricketts makes sense as they want to go for the win however Giovinco is your star player and you have to think who you want taking that PK. 

Ricketts didn't even take a penalty! He scores scrappy goals. 

Yeah I know, I just don't view CFL as major. 

Good news is that even the morning show on sportsnet 590 the fan dean blundell who made fun of soccer for so long ended up viewing MLS as a major league.

They still don't respect CFL...

So what is it going to be TFC?

-Better to rule in hell than serve in even?

***the Seattle sounders coach is taking indirect shots at overpaid DPs in MLS on how 3 guys doesn't get you the MLS cup. A team that's reasonably paid can do just as good...

Archived