Floro Must Go

Joe Keeper

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably elsewhere to post it but yes. He has had his time.. consistency is good and I have given him the benefit of doubt a lot but he hasn't delivered, not even close. There are times to go defensive but it's not 100% of the time. I really don't think we have even firmed up in defence either under his tenure. 

Our best talent is in the final third of the pitch and he has coached the life out of them and wasted them. 

It is a dangerous move to get rid unless we can upgrade. 

There is no point in letting him go now. A new coach isn't going to do much in these last few days. 

Sure is a good plan to fire him even if Canada makes it. His choices and decisions have been outrageous and it's just not constructive to Canadian football.

With De Vos as Technical Director it would make much more sense to hire a coach for the long term who's going to work closely alongside De Vos and help implement a style of play and coaching method that will be taught from a young age right up until the National Team.

Pick your tactic, pick your playing style, set skill sets needed for the tactics and style and teach them from the ground up and stick with them no matter what. 

Don't hire some mercenary who's only looking after himself and isn't constructive to the Canadian cause. 

2 minutes ago, SCF08 said:

There is no point in letting him go now. A new coach isn't going to do much in these last few days. 

Sure is a good plan to fire him even if Canada makes it. His choices and decisions have been outrageous and it's just not constructive to Canadian football.

With De Vos as Technical Director it would make much more sense to hire a coach for the long term who's going to work closely alongside De Vos and help implement a style of play and coaching method that will be taught from a young age right up until the National Team.

Pick your tactic, pick your playing style, set skill sets needed for the tactics and style and teach them from the ground up and stick with them no matter what. 

Don't hire some mercenary who's only looking after himself and isn't constructive to the Canadian cause. 

No point in letting him go now? We have 4  years before meaningful wcq games start again. 

Edit. Nvm. I hve no idea what im saying. Im just a mess right now

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

No point in letting him go now? We have 4  years before meaningful wcq games start again. 

I meant right now after this game. Just let him do the next game against El Salvador and get him out after that match regardless of the result.

You guys are on drugs... after last WCQ there is no way anyone thought we would be close for qualifying for 2018. The target seemed to be 2022... the thing is we sniffed some success and everyone here is a homer so we assumed we were awesome! We are still a few players away from being able to win away from home in 40 degree heat in Honduras.

Besides the fact we aren't eliminated yet.. 2022 has always been a more realistic goal.

Far be it from common sense to get in the way of emotion.

5 minutes ago, Razcal said:

You guys are on drugs... after last WCQ there is no way anyone thought we would be close for qualifying for 2018. The target seemed to be 2022... the thing is we sniffed some success and everyone here is a homer so we assumed we were awesome! We are still a few players away from being able to win away from home in 40 degree heat in Honduras.

Besides the fact we aren't eliminated yet.. 2022 has always been a more realistic goal.

Far be it from common sense to get in the way of emotion.

Floro has made dubious decisions that havent paid off over 3 years. 

Live by the sword die by the sword. I believe his contract was until the 2018 world cup if we made it that far. 

He had his chance over 3 years. Time to part ways. 

I agree we should change coaches as I believe they shouldn't get more than one cycle unless they prove something above the level of our country but no coach is going to give us any better results. Especially the ones we can afford. This is still a talent problem. I feel like I've been reading a forum where USA just lost to Mexico lol. 

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Floro has made dubious decisions that havent paid off over 3 years. 

Live by the sword die by the sword. I believe his contract was until the 2018 world cup if we made it that far. 

He had his chance over 3 years. Time to part ways. 

New coach every 3 years? Sounds like a great plan.

He has nothing to do with the level of talent we have on the team. Us Canadian fans love to pretend our players are of a much higher quality than they generally are.

1 minute ago, Razcal said:

New coach every 3 years? Sounds like a great plan.

He has nothing to do with the level of talent we have on the team. Us Canadian fans love to pretend our players are of a much higher quality than they generally are.

New coach every 3 years? Ya? 

Do you follow international soccer? Coaches get fired after 6 months. Contracts are based on world cup cucles  

If a coach doesnt achieve his objective in a cycle he is fired. 

Just now, king1010 said:

New coach every 3 years? Ya? 

Do you follow international soccer? Coaches get fired after 6 months. Contracts are based on world cup cucles  

If a coach doesnt achieve his objective in a cycle he is fired. 

I do, and do you honestly think Floro was hired with the expectation we would qualify for the 2018 world cup? This is a bonus. 2022 was the hope.

Generally the teams who are quick on the trigger have players of a high enough quality that there are distinct expectations.

I was so up after the James goal, but I knew in my heart that it wasn't enough. We'd been dominated to that point and it just got worse. 

I always question Floro's picks, but usually they're small questions. This time - we had big questions. We've got multiple starters who aren't even playing soccer right now (Henry, Hoilett, 1 or 2 others I believe). 

Even if Johnson isn't 100%, him and Osorio are more fit than the above players. Who knows if they make a huge difference, but Hoilett was done at half-time but played the whole game. It was crazy.

The Ledgerwood sub blows my mind to this minute. I like Ledgerwood and felt he should have started over Henry (at least at RB), but Larin for Jackson makes more sense. Or Hoilett for Jackson would make even more sense. Drop Ricketts back if you only want one forward. We conceded the World Cup with 23 minutes remaining. I'll gladly eat my words on Tuesday, but it won't happen. There's more of a chance El Salvador wins 1-0 tonight than us making up that difference on Tuesday. 

Floro is not the the reason we lost today.  But yes, he must go.   He doesnt understand (and under estimates) the game or the culture on this side of of the pond. Overrate european experience when selecting his squad. Has poor understanding of the  professional structures in North america. 

Going back to even at the time of his hire, there were many red flags in mind even then.    For one, i didnt think his resume was impressive except for the fact it mentioned Real Madrid. 

I agree.  Robinson would be an excellent choice

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Floro is not the the reason we lost.  But yes, he must go.   He doesnt understand (and under estimates) the game or the culture on this side of of the pond. 

I agree.  Robinson would be an excellent choice

The fact that he says the heat is just a mental thing that we have to just block out tells me he doesnt understand the landscape in concacaf. 

Its not a mental thing. Its an all too real physical thing. 

Archived