Canada vs El Salvador Sept 6th in Vancouver WCQ

I think the V's are fantastic. I became interested in 2010, been to three games, brought more and more friends each time (who all love it, and who all come from different backgrounds and opinions). But all of these friends have the same interest, to get our sports team to the World Cup. That's it. So we cheer on our home team because, well, that would be awesome. 

In fact I was talking to a couple Mexican fans at the bar after the game, they both told me they were from Vancouver and didn't know Canada would get that type of support. They said the V's section looked fun and they want to go to the El Salvador game, cheering for Canada!

I hope we get a result in Honduras.. that could be a great game in Vancouver. 

The CSA should be and is very proud of the Vs. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, amanfromvancouver said:

This is utter trash.  This organization is just a bunch of bullies  You won't escape that. You want to ban people who don't think like you, kick them out of your section in a public stadium, you name it.   This is not something the CSA should be proud of.

I dont get why we have to argue about it.  I just want to talk canadian soccer on the forum, not this dog and pony show about discrimination.  Why can't you fellas just talk and disagree without name calling and telling people to leave and multi man gang attacks trying to shut me out.

Stop bullying us you bully

2 hours ago, canta15 said:

You clearly don't understand the concept of devoted supporters sections do you? The point is to make noise. ff they don't make a lot of noise what is the point of having the section? Also your first point does not make sense because if this website banned those with differing radical opinions you would have been kicked out after your first 5 posts.

I do, and I agree with you having your own segregated section for members.  What I do not agree with is the general attitude that no other section matters, everyone else is not a fan, and quite frankly you could care less if the rest of the stadium was empty.  There is no desire to grow and include all Canadians into supporting the national program.  Just your group and your group only.  You would have no objection to a 1000 seat Voyageurs only stadium for home matches.  And to me that is just disgraceful thinking.

1 minute ago, amanfromvancouver said:

I do, and I agree with you having your own segregated section for members.  What I do not agree with is the general attitude that no other section matters, everyone else is not a fan, and quite frankly you could care less if the rest of the stadium was empty.  There is no desire to grow and include all Canadians into supporting the national program.  Just your group and your group only.  You would have no objection to a 1000 seat Voyageurs only stadium for home matches.  And to me that is just disgraceful thinking.

And this is where I am ending my conversation with you (not running away). There is no point in preaching to those with tunnel vision. How on earth you got this idea of a voyageur only stadium I will never know.

15 minutes ago, canta15 said:

And this is where I am ending my conversation with you (not running away). There is no point in preaching to those with tunnel vision. How on earth you got this idea of a voyageur only stadium I will never know.

In one of the threads I flat out asked if that was preferred and someone said yes.

37 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

No one ever answered my question as to what my dream meant.

I'm scared to go to sleep tonight.

You're scared to sleep?  What about your wife and Little El Hombre's?  

The dream was due to a combination of consistent insanity on your behalf combined with a dodgy lunch/dinner.  Nothing more than that...at least that's my wishful thought.

2 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

I would politely disagree with this. I have never heard that type of statement made or been made to feel that way. In fact the supporters section is because we care about the other sections where families are and others who may want or need to sit down.Also possibly some may use words in the supporters section that they would not want to say in front of kids or their grandma who comes to most games and cheer loudly in their own way.

I enjoy reading and debating your opinions on actual football,

So in closing you may take offense to any thing you like, but enough lets talk about football!

Archived