Canada vs El Salvador Sept 6th in Vancouver WCQ

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

I am not a member of this group; clearly I would be kicked out !

No see that's another thing you don't get. There's really no pre-req for being a Voyageur, not even being in step with the deeply entrenched hegemony around here. You have a profile on the forum so you've already made your choice. You're a V now, like it or not. 

Are we allowed to call Hitler names or would that be too mean? Your point of view is extremely idiotic and ignorant which justifies being called an "idiot" or "ignorant". Why are you called ignorant? Well judging from your past 200 comments you don't know any better. If you post your point of view on any other site you would get the same reactions. It's like going across the world and asking if murder is okay.

12 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I'm offended I was not in this dream! Is there no room for a sophisticated sex robot who travels back in time, to change the future, for one lucky lady?

Oh shit, that was you?!?  You were definitely a big part of the dream's "B" story.

Sorry, I guess I just didn't recognize you.

5 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Colour me disappointed. 

Sorry dude.  I once worked with a Notenboom (except he spelled it Nootenboom) and I've tried to scrub that name from my sub-conscious.  Change your name and we'll see what happens.  I suggest Heathcliff McSaskatchewan.

/thread officially derailed

9 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Sorry dude.  I once worked with a Notenboom (except he spelled it Nootenboom) and I've tried to scrub that name from my sub-conscious.  Change your name and we'll see what happens.  I suggest Heathcliff McSaskatchewan.

/thread officially derailed

Johann MacFlatlander?

1 hour ago, rob.notenboom said:

No see that's another thing you don't get. There's really no pre-req for being a Voyageur, not even being in step with the deeply entrenched hegemony around here. You have a profile on the forum so you've already made your choice. You're a V now, like it or not. 

54212026.jpg

13 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

If I am now one of you, can I call a guy a vile name because I don't agree with him?

Sure! Try this one: "El Hombre is a Rob Friend supporter who hates our national teams so much he probably won't show up to see the WNT play in Ottawa, because more important things like "family" got in the way."

47 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

If I am now one of you, can I call a guy a vile name because I don't agree with him?

Of course! In fact by saying all Vs think the same, you've already been doing that for a while now. Clearly you belong. 

But the difficult thing is, since all Vs agree and you are a V, you are also disagreeing with the fact that you agree. 

When this paradox becomes more apparent it will cause many robots' heads to explode, drastically thinning our numbers. 

On 12 April, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Blue and White Army said:

If the match is in Vancouver again, my suggestion is that we attempt to keep non-participants (those not interested in chanting) out of the "core" Vees' section (whether that's in the front or wherever), as they really watered down the atmosphere two weeks ago. I've honestly never been in such a quiet Vees' section; however, the sold-out stadium supposedly compensated for that, lending to a good overall atmosphere.

Lots of people there who understood what the section was about and wanted to be there, but completely uninterested in contributing. Somehow, we need to clarify at the point of ticket sale that participation is an expectation in the core area. Those there to merely watch and "soak up the atmosphere" can stand at the back or adjacent to wherever the "core" area is.

Efforts were made last time to "tape off" (using caution tape) the front areas for hardcore support, yet over at one side of the section (near the  players' tunnel) it was filled with passive people. Need to find a better way to communicate that "front = participation."

My two cents.

While we're on the subject of atmosphere during the last game, I'll add my two cents as well.

I asked about the choice of location of the V's after the Honduras match, but to my recollection it was never answered.   The same thing happened for the Mexico match, so I'll ask again:   Is there a reason the V's are huddled in the corner nearest the TV cameras so they're not really visible most of the time?  The corner on the other side of the tunnel is much more visible throughout the game.  Is the V's section going to be in that same corner once again for the El Salvador match?

2 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Of course! In fact by saying all Vs think the same, you've already been doing that for a while now. Clearly you belong. 

But the difficult thing is, since all Vs agree and you are a V, you are also disagreeing with the fact that you agree. 

When this paradox becomes more apparent it will cause many robots' heads to explode, drastically thinning our numbers. 

He'll soon start self-loathing for being a conformist and troll himself with multiple sock accounts.....Then one day he'll wake up in a strange hotel room with a list of phone calls his socks made, fly around the country chasing after them almost getting his junk cut off, realize he blew up his own condo and has been sleeping with Helena Bonham Carter....oh and then fight himself and then...wait, better not spoil it for others...

6 hours ago, amanfromvancouver said:

I am not a member of this group; clearly I would be kicked out !

You are a member of the deadbet soccer ruling class, trying to snuff out those little sprouts of resistance the Voyageurs represent. We've dealt with your kind before, you'll fail. In fact, thankfully, you are failing. And soccer is winning.

48 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

He'll soon start self-loathing for being a conformist and troll himself with multiple sock accounts.....Then one day he'll wake up in a strange hotel room with a list of phone calls his socks made, fly around the country chasing after them almost getting his junk cut off, realize he blew up his own condo and has been sleeping with Helena Bonham Carter....oh and then fight himself and then...wait, better not spoil it for others...

Do you remember the name of the poster that was very similar to this during the Dale Mitchell WCQ?  This is oddly reminiscent.  He even started his own Soccer Supporters board.  That was sweet.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You are a member of the deadbet soccer ruling class, trying to snuff out those little sprouts of resistance the Voyageurs represent. We've dealt with your kind before, you'll fail. In fact, thankfully, you are failing. And soccer is winning.

This is utter trash.  This organization is just a bunch of bullies  You won't escape that. You want to ban people who don't think like you, kick them out of your section in a public stadium, you name it.   This is not something the CSA should be proud of.

I dont get why we have to argue about it.  I just want to talk canadian soccer on the forum, not this dog and pony show about discrimination.  Why can't you fellas just talk and disagree without name calling and telling people to leave and multi man gang attacks trying to shut me out.

4 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

This is utter trash.  This organization is just a bunch of bullies  You won't escape that. You want to ban people who don't think like you, kick them out of your section in a public stadium, you name it.   This is not something the CSA should be proud of.

You clearly don't understand the concept of devoted supporters sections do you? The point is to make noise. ff they don't make a lot of noise what is the point of having the section? Also your first point does not make sense because if this website banned those with differing radical opinions you would have been kicked out after your first 5 posts.

Archived