Canada vs El Salvador Sept 6th in Vancouver WCQ

On Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Just confirmed in the press conference. Vancouver it is. TSN broadcast again. http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-partners-with-tsn-to-broadcast-canadian-soccer-p159347-preview-1

Floro: He personally likes BMO Field but feels our players can't deal well with the wind. Obviously greater chances we will have to deal with windy conditions. Felt we didn't deal with the wind well when we played Guatemala?!?

The wind would favor his short corners though

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2016-04-12 at 7:27 AM, Ruffian said:

Why no chatter of having this game in Montreal.

I was honestly surprised they did not give the game to TO to see what happens with the renovated stadium and Montreal could have been considered as well. But I cannot complain as this will allow me attend again. ;)

43 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Seemed like an odd choice considering you wanted to be surrounded by everyone being the same...  you left yourselves wide open for an invasion of "people who support differently than you".

No, you don't really understand and don't have enough information on how this works or even what the problems were to go swinging your judgement stick again.

You make a lot of assumptions. 

We will not do GA again for several practical organizational reasons.  I was against it, and I was right.  This is wrt to ticketing and the organization of tifo. 

If people went to the front and didn't like it, that is a self inflicted wound. It's made clear what we do and if people want to do something different they can do it somewhere else.  We put the work in. This section is ours. 

Why not just come out and join us and see what it's like. You clearly like the game and also clearly like defending people/principles ect.. two excellent qualities that are of course more than welcome. 

Be careful though... you might meet people you like and enjoy yourself.   :)  

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Be careful though... you might meet people you like and enjoy yourself.   :)  

Based on this forum and how people act, I doubt that would be the case.  I can just imagine being called all sorts of names if I happen to think something is a foul and the group collective thinks otherwise......   conformity of opinion is not something I thrive in.

47 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Seemed like an odd choice considering you wanted to be surrounded by everyone being the same...  you left yourselves wide open for an invasion of "people who support differently than you".

Do us all a favor. Don't lie and say you are going to leave the website then come back within a few days. You keep getting all of our hopes up.

Just now, amanfromvancouver said:

Based on this forum and how people act, I doubt that would be the case.  I can just imagine being called all sorts of names if I happen to think something is a foul and the group collective thinks otherwise......   conformity of opinion is not something I thrive in.

Conformity of opinion is not something anyone has accused this group of...  

A forum, or basically the Internet for that matter, isn't really a good measuring stick for things like this.

8 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Yes, well, if your hopes are for everyone to have the same opinions or else get called names , you are in the right place.

Depends on what you are referring to.  

If you read this forum, there are clearly differences of opinion on just about everything and lots of discussion about it. 

You also have to remember that the majority of people on here are not anonymous. They may have usernames, but they have known each other for 20 years.   So they take the piss out of each other rather often.  If you don't know what's going on well...

16 minutes ago, admin said:

Depends on what you are referring to.  

If you read this forum, there are clearly differences of opinion on just about everything and lots of discussion about it. 

You also have to remember that the majority of people on here are not anonymous. They may have usernames, but they have known each other for 20 years.   So they take the piss out of each other rather often.  If you don't know what's going on well...

Yes,however, calling a new person ignorant when they share an opinion (which ended up being correct), does not make the Voyageurs look like a great group of people.  Telling a new person to leave, quit, go away, or whatever is not going to reflect well.

And, wanting to stunt growth of the Canadian fanbase because you are afraid a group of opposition supporters could buy tickets, is just ridiculous.  I get that you guys want our home matches to be in a 1000 seat junky stadium with only Voyageurs in attendance; however, that does not grow the game in Canada.

Yes,however, calling a new person ignorant when they share an opinion (which ended up being correct), does not make the Voyageurs look like a great group of people.  Telling a new person to leave, quit, go away, or whatever is not going to reflect well.

If you are referring to yourself, well, you leveled some really serious allegations at a group of people, as a new person, and it pissed a lot of people off.

I don't care.  I'm glad you are here talking about soccer, it's what this place is for.  

If you are referring to yourself, well, you leveled some really serious allegations at a group of people, as a new person, and it pissed a lot of people off.

I don't care.  I'm glad you are here talking about soccer, it's what this place is for.  

I have made several attempts to "talk soccer" with the gang and it gets met with abuse or name calling (even valid and reasonable opinions.)  Which then leads me to get back into conversations like this.... which, believe it or not, I do not like to have.

5 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

I have made several attempts to "talk soccer" with the gang and it gets met with abuse or name calling (even valid and reasonable opinions.)  Which then leads me to get back into conversations like this.... which, believe it or not, I do not like to have.

I really don't know what you are referring to, I just can't read everything.

But try to parse things out a bit.  Some people hold on to shit longer than others, they'll stop. 

Just keep talking with people. It will be fine.  

And remember people on here might be 13 or not speak English as a first language ect...

14 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

I get that you guys want our home matches to be in a 1000 seat junky stadium with only Voyageurs in attendance; however, that does not grow the game in Canada.

See these statement right here are why you are called ignorant. You don't know any better... I have a respect for everyone on this website and trust that we all have different opinions on several topics and I have respected their opinions and did not call people names except for you. I have absolutely no respect for you as you believe the Voyageurs are some sort of racist ignorant group. There is a saying "If you meet one person in the morning who acts like a dick to you, they are the idiot. But if you meet several people throughout the day who are dicks to you, you are the idiot."

I really don't know what you are referring to, I just can't read everything.

But try to parse things out a bit.  Some people hold on to shit longer than others, they'll stop. 

Just keep talking with people. It will be fine.  

And remember people on here might be 13 or not speak English as a first language ect...

Calling me ignorant in a well constructed English sentence doesn't fit with your excuse. 

4 minutes ago, canta15 said:

See these statement right here are why you are called ignorant. You don't know any better... I have a respect for everyone on this website and trust that we all have different opinions on several topics and I have respected their opinions and did not call people names except for you. I have absolutely no respect for you as you believe the Voyageurs are some sort of racist ignorant group. There is a saying "If you meet one person in the morning who acts like a dick to you, they are the idiot. But if you meet several people throughout the day who are dicks to you, you are the idiot."

I specifically asked that question about the small "voyageurs only" stadium during my promotion of opening up the stadium and you guys said you would prefer that closed venue scenario.  I find that is counter productive to growing the sport in Canada (we need to create fans).  I do not consider this an ignorant viewpoint, just one that is different from the view of your group

2 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

I specifically asked that question about the small "voyageurs only" stadium during my promotion of opening up the stadium and you guys said you would prefer that closed venue scenario.  I find that is counter productive to growing the sport in Canada (we need to create fans).  I do not consider this an ignorant viewpoint, just one that is different from the view of your group

What? I'm not sure what you are talking about. 

You mean opening the upper deck?  

Bullies generally run away when someone fights back.

Really? 

No one is fighting with you. Certainly not me.  I'm the one trying to get you come out. 

What was that about name calling again? 

Archived