CMNT v. Bulgaria friendly - May 23, 2014

sloth8

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do recall seeing Straith as a LB before. and Hainault normally plays as a CB no? So I can see them possibly switching positions.

As far as best XI goes, I am generally in agreement with you. I do hope to see at least - Larin, Stillo, Aleman and Gasparotto at some point. 

Young CMNT striker Cyle Larin featured on MLS website. Quite grounded given all the attention south of the border. Again nice to hear praise for coach Benito and the positive affect he has on players. Larin scored 3 of the 5 goals scored by U20's in their friendlies last week, but this is a big step up. Hope he and some of the other younger guys get some minutes alongside the veterans.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/05/21/cannmt-college-sensation-cyle-larin-hoping-prove-hes-canadas-striker-future

Game is tomorrow morning...that crept up pretty quickly!

My starting XI based on the best team, not a prediction of what Floro will do (cuz let's face we'll end up with a couple of WTF's?)

---------------------Borjan---------------------

Ledger-----Edgar------Straith-----Hainault

--------------Hutchinson---deGuzman------

Fisk----------------------------------------REB

--------------Ricketts---Jackson-------------

Is Fisk that good? He wasn't even on the original team. I would pick Haber instead of Fisk in the best XI. 

Is Fisk that good? He wasn't even on the original team. I would pick Haber instead of Fisk in the best XI. 

No he's not, but we don't really have any wingers...and Hogkiss, i put Hainault at LB because he has been playing there this season, but yeah, you could switch the two players.

^ but I have seen Hainault make some pretty big mistakes - bad backpasses to keepers etc when he played CB and I think maybe he would be less of a liability at LB. So I'm happy to hear he could potentially play there instead.

Young CMNT striker Cyle Larin featured on MLS website. Quite grounded given all the attention south of the border. Again nice to hear praise for coach Benito and the positive affect he has on players. Larin scored 3 of the 5 goals scored by U20's in their friendlies last week, but this is a big step up. Hope he and some of the other younger guys get some minutes alongside the veterans.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/05/21/cannmt-college-sensation-cyle-larin-hoping-prove-hes-canadas-striker-future

Appears he is going back to school in the Fall...man i'm not sure that is a good idea, but it's his life.

Tweeted by CSA:

#canMNT starting XI: Borjan (GK), Ledgerwood, Straith, Edgar, Hainault, de Guzman ©, Edwini-Bonsu, Pacheco, Hutchinson, Jackson, Ricketts.

Any possible streams?

Probably the strongest line up (amongst those called) we could field to start, hopefully some additional youth will see the field late (such as one of the other keepers)

Tweeted by CSA:

#canMNT starting XI: Borjan (GK), Ledgerwood, Straith, Edgar, Hainault, de Guzman ©, Edwini-Bonsu, Pacheco, Hutchinson, Jackson, Ricketts.

Any possible streams?

Cool, i was only off by one player. However, the way it's written i wonder if Floro will try the 4-1-4-1 formation with JDG holding behind Pacheco and Hutch with REB and Jackson on the wings and Ricketts up top. 

Bet365 has the game as an "In-Play" bet so there is a crude match tracker that tells you when something important happens...the odds are currently 1.44 Bulgaria 4.00 Draw 8.00 Canada. I might have to lay a few bucks on Canada as a longshot with those odds.

Cool, i was only off by one player. However, the way it's written i wonder if Floro will try the 4-1-4-1 formation with JDG holding behind Pacheco and Hutch with REB and Jackson on the wings and Ricketts up top. 

Seems maybe 4-4-1-1. Will be nice to see if REB can give us some scoring chances.

Just spoke to Floro. Said #canMNT will set out in 4-4-1-1. Jackson, Ricketts, REB to rotate in attacking roles.

Archived