CMNT v. Bulgaria friendly - May 23, 2014

sloth8

I only tuned in at the beginning of the second half, but I think we're looking pretty good. Atiba has been solid, and Borjan coming up big on a few occasions. Even Julian de Guzman has chosen to play well today :).

Thanks for the streams everyone. As someone mentioned, glued to the V's board while watching a dodgy foreign stream is useless for promotion of the national team, but its the life of a Voyageur lol.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the result, considering Bulgaria are building for Euro 2016 and were somewhat competitive in the WCQ, some good points for the Canadians to build on.  However the result was because of some very irresponsible/careless defending (kick to the face) by the bulgarian defender giving us the PK. 

For the most part in the 2nd half, felt the D, did a good job absorbing the pressure.

We looked much more composed overal, compared to a year ago.

Nice job boys.

Yeah, baby steps i guess. We could have used De Jong, Johnson and maybe even Jakovic. And guys like Teibert and Osorio would be an upgrade at this point too. If we were starting the SF round of qualifying next week we'd be in deep shit, lets just hope two years gives the young guys enough time to develop.

Archived