CMNT v. Bulgaria friendly - May 23, 2014

sloth8

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hutchinson played RB quite a bit last year.  He's without a doubt the best RB we have playing right now.

I think that there's other decent options that play DM for us so the best thing for the program is Atiba at RB for now.

uh, no.

Atiba is our best creative midfielder. he'd be wasted at RB

Thanks, I forgot about them. NASL seems too low even by CMNT standards, however, they should get a chance to play for national team.

Canada played an amateur and D3 Bundesliga players. Finnish league. etc. Nobody is too low of a standard for CMNT

I don't think Fresenga is technically in Ottawa's 'best' starting XI, but he gets played often because there's good depth on the Fury's defense.

On 'ideal' days, Mason Trafford tends to be paired with Omar Jarun on CB, while Beckie ends up on RB. Frasenga tends to get playing time as RB when other defenders can't play for whatever reasons, and Beckie fills CB spots as a back-up to Trafford and Jarun.

That's what I've noticed the Fury doing in their games. It does indicate that Ottawa's coaching staff like Beckie at RB. I'm not sure how he'd fit with the CMNT, but, if there's really a lack of options at RB, Beckie may be worth looking at. Fresenga is still only 21, so there's still lots of potential for him to move up from NASL. As I said, he often plays RB with Ottawa, but he's not really in a typical Fury 'starting' back-four. Still, he's better off in NASL than floating in Uruguay, where he was before coming over.

I don't think Fresenga is technically in Ottawa's 'best' starting XI, but he gets played often because there's good depth on the Fury's defense.

On 'ideal' days, Mason Trafford tends to be paired with Omar Jarun on CB, while Beckie ends up on RB. Frasenga tends to get playing time as RB when other defenders can't play for whatever reasons, and Beckie fills CB spots as a back-up to Trafford and Jarun.

That's what I've noticed the Fury doing in their games. It does indicate that Ottawa's coaching staff like Beckie at RB. I'm not sure how he'd fit with the CMNT, but, if there's really a lack of options at RB, Beckie may be worth looking at. Fresenga is still only 21, so there's still lots of potential for him to move up from NASL. As I said, he often plays RB with Ottawa, but he's not really in a typical Fury 'starting' back-four. Still, he's better off in NASL than floating in Uruguay, where he was before coming over.

With the greatest of respect to Drew Beckie, he is not a RB. Watching Hason Boakai completely terrorize him for a game in Edmonton made that clear to me.

Well having finally watched the game I can say we are improving slightly. Milan was excellent and Hutch setup some great chances to REB & Ricketts. Nice that both got their shots on frame, now we just need them to go in the net. Jackson didn't have a good match. Our back defenders either have to learn to pass the ball around under pressure or get accurate with those long 40+ yard "clearances". Our forwards didn't have much chance at most of them.

Decent outing. Glad we got a tie against some decent competition.

Archived