Whitecaps FC changes for 2013

tmcmurph

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Errr...it's g-r-a-m-m-a-r :>

I'm not the key board warrior.

Exactly how did you make me look stupid? Was it when you suggested that Ibrahimovic would make a better DP that Gerrard?

Yes.

As for El Hombre's remarks I would say that I was being specific to Vancouver. Sure, maybe these players can cut it onto TFC's or Chivas USA's roster, but not Vancouver's.

Now you just made yourself look stupid.

I'm sorry the truth hurts, and I'm sorry the team I support happens to be successful. Have fun looking at those empty red seats this year.

Wow you tend to get personal and act like a jackass a lot, Sam...I was sort of snide when I first arrived to these boards as well, but given time, I've learned that's not what these boards are about. Shape up.

Reo-Coker and Levaron would really shake up the squad.

Not sure where Coker would end up on the pitch: RB, CDM, RM, CM? guy can play all over. Levaron I don't know as much about, but seems he'd be in the back 4 for sure.

Most logical for Reo-Coker would be RB when YP Lee isn't and CM. At least his attitude is "I don't need to be a DP right away" and he doesn't mind proving himself first. That is what we need more of.

Charleston vs Caps stream: http://uslnation.com/index_dynamic.aspx?fid=1002&eid=2/16%20Vancouver%20@%20Charleston

These two names would add a lot of competition and a lot of options for moving guys around, which will be useful with a deeper cup run. My only concern with R-C is it's hard to spend a lot of money on a DM in MLS without a LOT of pressure and scrutiny (ask Julian and BR to name but two). I hope Nigel's not hoping to avoid scrutiny by coming to North America.

Levaron should let them dump Mitchell and upgrade backup CB while providing some more of that flexibility: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/johnny-leveron/profil/spieler_128552.html

With Leveron now in the fold, who's the odd man out? I'm thinking that this is gonna make Harvey expendable with Leveron at LB Rochat can stay at CDM. If NRC signs on too it could mean even more implications to certain players.

As it stands now I see a 4-3-3 (4-2-1-3)

--------Knighton

Lee--OBrien--DeMerit--Leveron

--Rochat/Teibert--Koffie

---------Kobayashi

Hurtado/PJ---------Camilo

---------Mattocks

Not sure where Coker would fit if he did sign on, could replace anyone on the right side including Rochat in RDM. Teibert looks to become the super sub, which I think he could thrive in, but I like him deep midfield, good vision and play-making plus he tracks back to defend; he can relieve guys at either wing centrally in mid and left back, so versatility is on his side.

I'm really liking what Hurtado has to offer, could be the fastest guy on the team now and is crazy strong for his size and age.

Could alternatively see this (I think Miller gets the chance to impress against what I think will be shambled together TFC):

----------------Knighton-----------------

Lee-------O'Brien--DeMerit-----Harvey**

---------Koffie---------Rochat-----------

-----------------Miller--------------------

Camilo---------------------------Menneh

----------------Mattocks-----------------

Subs: Cannon, Hurtado, Teibert, Kobiyashi, Davidson, Rusin, Heinneman

Harvey will likely play at left back in at least the opening game as Leveron hasn't played a game in 2 months since being released by his club. Maybe if Reo-Coker is fit he plays at the holding role and Rochat slips into his natural position.

Harvey will likely play at left back in at least the opening game as Leveron hasn't played a game in 2 months since being released by his club. Maybe if Reo-Coker is fit he plays at the holding role and Rochat slips into his natural position.

That's possible, we could also see Klazura at RB and Lee at LB, with Rochat at DM where Rennie seems to prefer him.

Harvey is on the outs I think. Mitchell is primed for a loan spell at like Edmonton or Carolina.

I get a strange feel, even though on paper this Caps team looks as if come March 2 TFC will be torn another hole, TFC will somehow not get destroyed. Just a gut feeling.

TFC will get destroyed playing wise but it will somehow be a close score that TFC will spin as some groundbreaking step toward the playoffs.

I'm not sure how many DP level players you will be able to convince to accept that kind of deal, but this looks like a very astute piece of business. You get a potential difference maker but you have significantly less risk by bringing him in at a lower salary and not as a DP. If he pans out, fantastic, if not, you have put far fewer resources into him. Additionally, this gives the Caps time to restructure so that NRC can be a designated player next year. Lessons learned.

Question: In the future should bad DP deals be called a Jarju or a Robson (perhaps a Michu would be better)?

Archived