Next coach ?

Winnipeg Fury

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares.

Right now it's gotta be down to the players.

Does Hart get fired? No he has to quit.

Our aim, without doubt, has to be 2022 now. Start bringing in every 17-23 year old, and start straight from scratch. Yes, of course we keep some mid-20's guys. Keep guys like Hainault, Hutch, Jackson and some other's in their mid-20's right now. But it's the time for Teibert, Piette, Alderson, Aleman, Cava and guys like that. Break it totally down. Borjan is the #1, Stillo the #2 and we move forward from there.

The one that turned them around is Richard Paez - the previous cycle coach. And I believe he is available. Current Venezuela coach - Cesar Farias - took over Paez and contined with roughly the same system.

I think Paez could be a good choice. Either way, what they need to do is figure this out quickly!

Who cares.

Right now it's gotta be down to the players.

Does Hart get fired? No he has to quit.

Our aim, without doubt, has to be 2022 now. Start bringing in every 17-23 year old, and start straight from scratch. Yes, of course we keep some mid-20's guys. Keep guys like Hainault, Hutch, Jackson and some other's in their mid-20's right now. But it's the time for Teibert, Piette, Alderson, Aleman, Cava and guys like that. Break it totally down. Borjan is the #1, Stillo the #2 and we move forward from there.

Agreed.

Plus, Gold Cup is coming up (something to play for to keep our FIFA rankings high), so it's a perfect time to cap younger players and give them a competitive experience.

The one that turned them around is Richard Paez - the previous cycle coach. And I believe he is available. Current Venezuela coach - Cesar Farias - took over Paez and contined with roughly the same system.

I think Paez could be a good choice. Either way, what they need to do is figure this out quickly!

Paez is managing Millonarios FC

It's not the coach. While I think we should get someone new we really need to "citizenize" 8 or 9 Brasilians who are not good enough for Brasil but still excellent players. We should actively court Felipe Martins & Camilo Sanvezzo and any others who have been here for a year or more.

You see our biggest problem is our players just are not up to par. The rest of the region continues to advance and we continue to stagnate. 14 years without even making the HEX. So where would that leave our players? Competing for spots and playing with a core group of players who are levels ahead in the skills department. As the 3 academies start to produce players they will develop along side soccer players not track athletes.

We can't score and Brazilians are known for it. Screw those that don't want to play for us. 2 can play that game. Lets put FIFA's silly system to use.

We need to hire a qualified coach and the CSA must go out and get him. Perhaps someone outside our current system (guess that discounts Fonseca). A South American? An American? A German like Holger or Otto? Pick someone competent and the players will play with respect.

Our WC campaign starts again tomorrow. If we're serious about the WC, we seriously have to put the effort and resources to succeed. If our women's team would chase someone like Herdman, why can't we do the same for the CMNT.

We need to hire a qualified coach and the CSA must go out and get him. Perhaps someone outside our current system (guess that discounts Fonseca). A South American? An American? A German like Holger or Otto? Pick someone competent and the players will play with respect.

Our WC campaign starts again tomorrow. If we're serious about the WC, we seriously have to put the effort and resources to succeed. If our women's team would chase someone like Herdman, why can't we do the same for the CMNT.

Money.

I think the only question is whether it goes to Fonseca or Dasovic.

Or maybe the CSA can save a few more pennies and Herdman can coach both?

I have this sinking feeling as well.

Do other sides, or rather do any successful sides, conduct themselves like this? Jobs for the boys? I don't actually know of any but I am hardly an expert on international football outside the typical top 20 and the other Western European countries.

Beg Frank Yallop to leave SJ and come home?

Wow, you want to hire a guy who already had a WCQ cycle and failed miserably and who's team selections were an absolute unethical disaster? Hart has to go but if the alternative is Yallop then I would rather keep Hart.

We need to start playing youth but the idea that we need to think about 2022 and not 2018 is sheet idiocy. A good coach can do a lot for a team and while we need to plan for the future the focus of the senior team should be to qualify for every cycle. We need an experienced coach with a history of success and national team experience. Obviously we can not afford the big names but there are many guys out there who could be had at a reasonable cost who are extensively more qualified than our last 3 head coaches. I have always mentioned former Energie Cottbus and Slovenian national team coach Bojan Prasnikar as a good candidate if he were interested. I think one could put together a fairly good list of similarly qualified coaches.

Archived