GC - July 10 - Canada vs. Costa Rica

quote:Originally posted by Soro17

According to the Gold Cup website, it is Terry Vaughn again.

The cynic in me thinks that perhaps CONCACAF is saving Archundio for a more important match... like perhaps if we play the US in the quarterfinals.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Keegan

On second thought. I think we should start Issey on the left vs. the Ticos. No one has really put their mark on that left winger spot and Issey has played there before for Canada on a better team even. Last Gold Cup when we gave him a start he impressed and won a penalty and we haven't even seen him so far. I say start him over Simpson, let De jong play left back and then sub Simpson in for Issey later on.

I would also like to see Issey on the left. Simpson and De Jong have been okay, but not stellar.

First off Dejong's Left footed and it shows when you watch him, Peters is part of the the long term answer at RB, let him in for Stalteri. Secondly we are fortunate enough to see our Nats play 4 times a years max, this tournament is a huge building block for the teams success via rankings and chemistry , the engine room is performing as well as a Canadian midfield has in years! roll the dice and let the boys gain even more confidence by competing in the marquee match up of the group stage versus what now is a world class squad. Card or not our first teamers should start this game

Call me crazy but I'd like to see Julian play at least the first half. He's such a key part of the team, I think he should be out there early on to help dictate the play. I know he has one yellow, but realistically what are the chances of him picking up another when he knows his situation?

Has anyone figured out who our probable opponents would be based on if we win or not? If we finished second in the group, then perhaps we'd get Guadeloupe, though that would depend on other results. A win and we probably face Honduras.

quote:Originally posted by theaub

I personally think that Guadeloupe can stick with Mexico and that we should be trying to win this game at all costs.

I think so too. Right now Guadeloupe are on 6 pts. and Mexico is sitting in second with 4, Guadeloupe need only a draw to win the group. Do we want to win our group and play Honduras B in the QF's or take it easy against Costa Rica, lose momentum and end up playing Mexico B?

quote:Originally posted by Spungi

Presidente... www.atdhe.net has had streams up for all the games, although a lot of them are in Spanish. Which is frankly usually better than listening to whoever Setanta has calling the games in English!

link is working

Appears to be in English, with the great Setanta crew calling the match (aaahhh!)

good luck boys

Is this the line-up?

-----------------Sutton------------------

Hainault-------Hatings--McKenna-------De Jong

-----------------Bernier-------------------

-----------Hutchinson--Peters-----------

Johnson----------------------------Simpson

----------------Jackson----------------------

Nakajima cn't even crack this line-up?!?! Wonder if he is hurt?

Archived