Whitecaps- TFC, June 2 - Pre-Game & (R)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My god did Toure pick a great time to hit the net! He has been snake bitten so far this season in the USL after a great preseason. What a great time to find the finishing touch again.

Well done to the Caps.

On to Montreal for the last game. Great tournament 2 years in a row and this time my Caps pull it off. Oh this is so good [8D]

Great game. End to end action and we almost saw some Red cards.

No idea why TFC were so flat in the first half. They could have clinched with a draw, but just sat back all first half, like they were defending a big lead.

TFC played with some urgency in the second half, but too little, too late. At that point the Whitecaps were sitting back and absorbing the pressure.

TFC looked gutted leaving the field.........

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Well I wish Vancouver the best of luck in the Champions league, because with Vitti and Barrett in the line-up there's no way that Toronto will score 4 against Montreal. Only a change in personnel is going to make that a reality.

I can see TFC going with a 3-4-3 and put Dero, Barrett, Barrett/Vitti up front. They will try very hard to score but I hope Montreal burns them on the counter.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

I love this tourney.

TFC deserved better. They've a right to feel a bit hard done by, but ah well. Life's rough. Wear a helmet.

We really need to get the tie-breaker rules sorted. Especially now.

It's not complicated. It comes down to goal differential first, then total goals. Currently Vancouver is +4 and Toronto are even. If Toronto wins by 4 in Montreal to even the goal differential, their total goals will be greater than Vancouver's 5.

Not sure what there is to worry about.

Vancouver has not yet won the Cup. According to the blogger on the TFC site the tie breakers concerning most points in games against each other only applies if more than two teams are tied on points at the end of the tournament.

It will come down to goal differential or total goals scored. If TFC beat Monttreal 4-0 they will equal the +4 differential of VAncouver and be ahead by one goal on total goals scored. So, a 4-0 win on June 18 gives TFC the CUp, a 3-0 or worse and the Cup is the Whitecaps.

And it only took 8 years to get a different team name on the Vs Cup....

Interesting, isn't it, how both USL 1st Division clubs are looking like they're going to win this tourney before TFC. Huh..

By the way, I'm a-feard this competition will lose some of it's charm when Vancouver (and Montreal) join MLS. There's a certain something extra that's added when you forced to include inter-league play.

P.S. I'm done with Vitti. There's something there but it's no use to this team.

I can't imagine what Nick Dasovic, Mike Toshak and Kevin Harmse are thinking right now. All turned their backs on Vancouver, and legitimately, all 3 should be gone.

TFC needs to sweep the whole thing clean. Their fans deserve better than what they have on the field. No passion, no desire, not enough speed, and no finish.

^^ Serioux and Attakora both looked VERY torn come the final whistle. It was a bit hard to watch them leaving the pitch knowing that they are great Canadian players who pretty much just got their soccer hearts shattered. Attakora fits in perfectly with TFC's defense. It's not a defender TFC needs come transfer time, it's a striker who can actually hit the faking net, unlike Barrett and Vitti. I had high hopes for Vitti, but man... he's cursed. Barrett is just plain sh*t, people who support him need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Can someone tell me how Barrett missed a wide open header from 4 yards on that De Ro free kick. The whole net and bam right at the goalie. At that point it was over, you could just tell it was done.

I can't do this anymore, what a disgrace. Like 4-4-4 is a horrible start, but at least a Canadian Championship would have made it reasonable. Nope, another loss in the cup game and now we can't do anything this year. No Super Liga, No Champions league, No playoffs.

3 years I have supported this club, watched almost every minute. I can't do it anymore. I couldn't care less about the MLS games. This whole team is done.

They have 3 players who looked half decent and that they care: Attakora, Serioux and De Ro. The rest are horrible. 3 years and nothing. Junky records in MLS, no playoffs, no cup, no international competition. This is embarrasing. Put us in the CSL, maybe we'll win a cup. Put us in the PDL, that would be fun. I don't think I can watch these guys anymore. I have never seen worse soccer played. It should be like an FA Cup final for them but they are lazy idiots and they just fall down and walk aroud like nothing.

In addition to this, no one has a clue whether or not Vancouver actually won this competition. No one even knew this game was on. You think 1 person in a whole high school said something about this game... NO. Thats a disgrace. Whats the point of having this club? no one knows they are playing in a cup final? Are you serious. And umm i think vancouver won!? no, uhh maybe, who knows.. should I celebrate? What kind of tournament is this??

Congratulations Vancouver, you are the best team in Canada.

TFC might as well have slit a whole in my heart, I can't take it.. you kill me.

It has to be said...Serioux is a BEAST. Nana was solid too...I'd love to seen them together on a Canadian back line. Brennan didn't stand out to me, and I think he's disciplinary liability. Harmse was playing out of position. I don't even remember who played central midfield for TFC, because they were out-shined by an 18 year old, and the ultimate soccer journeyman...Gordon Chin.

This might just be the catalyst TFC needs to clean house. I'm just worried there isn't anyone in MLSE that has the knowledge to hire the right guy at the top.

congrats to vancouver. this win was well deserved. They were very effective. They are not a more talented team but they won when it mattered.

TFC is in serious trouble, not just in this tournament but in 2009 in general. Barrett is just crap, plain and simple. Vitti played well for the most part and had great chances but if he doesn't score goals, he's not getting the job done. DeRo is equal parts brilliant and disastrous. This team has so many parts that simply do not fit together. They don't deserve the Voyageurs Cup and they likely won't be an MLS playoff team either because they are absolutely brutal on the road and they have alot of road games ahead of them this season.

I predict that TFC will beat Montreal in the final match of this tournament but it's going to be by the typical 1-0 score.

MLSE...its time to face facts...Mo has got to go. He put this dysfunctional bunch together. No matter what some of the head honchos think at MLSE, Mo is a huge part of the problem.

Another disappointing year.

They're lucky the bulk of the games have already happened, because I could see tonight being the straw that breaks the camel's back. On the other hand, maybe now that the CCL really isn't a reality for them anymore, the MLS season will become that much more of a focus.

Archived