Kenny Stamatopoulos

Guys, I managed to get an E-mail early this morning from the Presidet of Enköpings Supporters Club in Sweden. This is what he had to say about Kenny's present situation at Enköpings.

Hi there Luis,

Latest news I heard was that ESK wants to sign a 2,5 year contract with Kenny, but Kenny wants to sign a half year contract only, and after the season is over he might sign a 2 year contract if the team is still playing in division 1. I spoke to a representative from ESK who said they weren't really getting any closer to a signed contract.

After the contract period is over, Kenny is free transfer except for Clubs in Sweden. That's probably the reason ESK wants to sign a 2,5 year contract. IF the team goes down to division 2, ESK has the chance to transfer Kenny to another club and get paid for it.

Anyway - I hope they'll come to an agreement. Henrik Johansson played Last game, and the story from 2002 repeated itself - a direct corner kick goes in behind him..

Best Regards

///Magnus Ahlkvist

Here the article on the re-signing of Kenny Stamatopoulos

ESK förlänger med Kenny

Stamatopovlos_K.jpg

ESK:s kanadensiske landslagsmålvakt Kenny Stamatopoulos fortsätter i ESK.

Han och ESK har kommit överens om ett avtal som sträcker sig till och med säsongen 2006.

Kenny kom till ESK från grekiska Kalamata förra sommaren och signerade då ett ettårsavtal. Båda parterna ville ha en förlängning och ESK är mycket nöjt med att Kenny fortsätter ytterligare 2,5 år.

Förlängningen har möjliggjorts tack vare pengar från riskkapitalbolaget Hemmalaget AB.

Allt talar också för att ESK förstärks med de två kenyaner som provspelade för en månad sedan:

Mcdonald Maguti, central mittfältare och född 1986.

Andrew Opiyo, mittback och född 1985.

ESK, Maguti, Opiyo, deras moderklubb i Kenya och Hemmalaget är överens.

- Ja, nu ser det ut att bara vara pappersexercis kvar, berättar ESK:s klubbdirektör Göran Ohlsson.

• 13 years later...

Wasn't totally sure where to post this, but wasn't really keen on restarting a 2014 WCQ thread. So let's bump this 13 year old Kenny Stamatopoulos thread. 

My brother just found this jersey at a value village in Niagara Falls. There is no name on the back, however the arm patches (2014 Brazil World Cup qualifying) tell me that it's a men's jersey and I know Kenny has worn 22 with us in the past. It looks the same as in this match picture below.

I'm basically wondering about the possibility of its authenticity, as I assume there aren't many ppl buying stamatopoulos Canada jerseys. Does anybody know if they sold jerseys to the public with the qualifying patches on them? Also did the jerseys during this era not have names on the back of them?

IMG_2505.PNG

IMG_2502.JPG

8 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I am almost 100% sure the name should be on the back as we always have had names on the back for official competition as long as I've followed

From going through the Canada soccer Flickr albums, I found pictures from games in that World Cup Qualifying period where they clearly do not have the names on the back. I agree that it's weird and I never recalled jerseys without names, that's why I had to ask.

IMG_2506.PNG

14 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I am almost 100% sure the name should be on the back as we always have had names on the back for official competition as long as I've followed

I have a Stamatopoulos jersey from the Cuba game and it didn't have a name. For WCQ, we never had names until the most recent cycle. 

Edited by Blackdude

• 3 weeks later...

Meaningless update: the qualifying logo on the arm is not a sewn on patch but instead printed on and seems to be a fuzzy material. Not totally sure of what that means for the authenticity but it sounds better to me since the patches couldn't have been purchased separately.

• 2 years later...