James Cameron (2005)

InglewoodJack

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

At his age, and given he is still raw in many ways, Copenhagen or Motherwell would be reasonable steps. Though for my taste, and I have watched him in Langley, he is not even that level yet. 

I appreciate a club might take him on because of his age, but he still needs development.

At least the links are more reasonable then the Jebbison ones.

Doesn't he have a UK passport too? Or am I thinking of a different player? That probably helps. 

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm surprised but not surprised. His talent is a bit raw but I always thought he was advanced physically for his age and his mindset to engage physically were beyond his years. Kinda like but im not comparing. I remember trying to be cynical about Phonzie at 16 and then we could go in to 5050 balls with grown men and somehow always come out with the ball. That's what stood out for me with Cameron. He seemed a bit out of control at times, but he was always throwing his body around, going at 100mph. Not tentative in the least bit. Very combative 

I'm selfishly hoping he sticks around for 1 more year in Langley 

If he goes somewhere where his talent is going to be benefitted, where he'll get a faster learning curve than another year in CPL, I am all for it. But as you say, at his age, another year in CPL would be fine. 

I thought very often at Vancouver FC, he was hung out to dry, the mids did not come back to help, the CBs had no range, he was left alone to handle one on ones defending talented pros. That is a coaching problem. Never let a kid be hung out to dry, not a keeper, and never a kid. You have to do what you need for the young guys to thrive, and VFC did not.

58 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm surprised but not surprised. His talent is a bit raw but I always thought he was advanced physically for his age and his mindset to engage physically were beyond his years. Kinda like but im not comparing. I remember trying to be cynical about Phonzie at 16 and then we could go in to 5050 balls with grown men and somehow always come out with the ball. That's what stood out for me with Cameron. He seemed a bit out of control at times, but he was always throwing his body around, going at 100mph. Not tentative in the least bit. Very combative 

I'm selfishly hoping he sticks around for 1 more year in Langley 

Classic no fear, high impact youth player debut season. So many of those bright lights quickly get that spark coached out of them or get known enough to be more neutralized. 

Cameron was a real bright light for VFC last year as you say. Even for the limited time he was there it was a big impact. The next move is a dangerous one as he definitely needs that development still but looks like he has all the tools to step up. Fingers crossed for him.

11 hours ago, K Edgar said:

Where are all these Canadian twitter accounts getting these rumors from lol.  None of them end up holding any truth ever.  

Good for the kid getting lot's of minutes last season but he wasn't spectacular by any means in those minutes.  To suggest he's at the level to play in MLS, a top development team like Copenhagen or a Premier League club right now is a bit much imo.  Motherwell btw, is not like the rest of those clubs mentioned, it's a much lower level, if there's a club on this list that I can see happening it might be a club like that.

Edited by Footyeh

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

Where are all these Canadian twitter accounts getting these rumors from lol.  None of them end up holding any truth ever.  

Good for the kid getting lot's of minutes last season but he wasn't spectacular by any means in those minutes.  To suggest he's at the level to play in MLS, a top development team like Copenhagen or a Premier League club right now is a bit much imo.  Motherwell btw, is not like the rest of those clubs mentioned, it's a much lower level, if there's a club on this list that I can see happening it might be a club like that.

Think it’s pretty telling Luton town didn’t offer a contract to the 18 year old who is apparently ready for MLS…… 

If he’s 18 and MLS level guys, Luton would have signed him or tried hard to.

2 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Josh is a One Soccer employee and he's covered Canadian soccer for years. I wouldn't be surprised if he has inside knowledge on this one 

Edited by Aird25

4 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Josh is a One Soccer employee and he's covered Canadian soccer for years. I wouldn't be surprised if he has inside knowledge on this one 

One Soccer content creators identify transfer speculation as a category of interest for certain sectors. It makes no difference if there's any basis or source. For me the worst thing they have him do.

When he was independent, he had very judicious analysis of what had happened, league play, positions. This other stuff, incited by the suits at OS, is garbage and he constantly screws up on it.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 months later...