Match Thread: CONCACAF U-17, Group Stage: Canada v Barbados - Monday, February 13, 2023 - 2pm PT/5pm ET

narduch

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

Absurd call by the Ref...he originally awarded Canada the foul and now he just changes his mind and gives Biello a yellow when he won the ball?

I was just going to post what good sportsmanship Biello was showing by making sure the player who fouled him was ok, that was poor by the ref!

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I preferred the lack of a play-by-play guy over this knob calling this match - "Canada wasn't sharp enough to make Barbados sweat in the first half" - uhhhh, Barbados are down 2-0 at the half, or hasn't he noticed?

I hate this announcer. There is him and another Yank that Concacaf uses. They are both shit

Not crazy about the announcer but he’s not really wrong. We are way stronger and we have good ideas, but we also have really loose touches and haven’t been clinical in the box. Should be 4 or 5 otherwise. Haven’t seen one player from our side that I have been unequivocally impressed by. Impressed by some plays, yes, but no one who has been rock solid with all their choices. We won’t get away with that against better sides than Barbados.  That said, I think we could easily beat the US’ 5 goals if we can nick one early. 

After a promising 1st half I thought we were very poor in the 2nd, yes we hit the bar and missed another close chance or two but we seemed void of ideas of how to break a bunkering team! Sometimes at the youth level we look better against opponents who actually attack us, I guess we will find out vs the US!

23 minutes ago, gator said:

After a promising 1st half I thought we were very poor in the 2nd, yes we hit the bar and missed another close chance or two but we seemed void of ideas of how to break a bunkering team! Sometimes at the youth level we look better against opponents who actually attack us, I guess we will find out vs the US!

Our goalkeeper scares me.

13 hours ago, Shway said:

Biello has been the only player that has stood out for me as one for the future.

I've liked Biello.  I have also liked Ozimec, Stefanovic and Oseme (although I thought his second half was a bit rough yesterday). Thought De Sa looked good in his sub appearance, maybe deserving of a longer look?

True test will be next game vs. the US.  Defence and GK will be tested and Oseme is out for card accumulation.