Match Thread: CONCACAF U-17, Group Stage: Canada v Barbados - Monday, February 13, 2023 - 2pm PT/5pm ET

narduch

What are our expectations here? Just win? Win by multiple goals? My knee jerk reaction is to say a win by 3 goals, considering the USA won by 5, but I know it doesn't always work that way, as every game is unique. Maybe the USA's 5 goals should have been 10, I don't know. 

I'll keep it simple and ask for a multigoal win here against what should be the weakest side on paper we will face. 

19 minutes ago, Obinna said:

What are our expectations here? Just win? Win by multiple goals? My knee jerk reaction is to say a win by 3 goals, considering the USA won by 5, but I know it doesn't always work that way, as every game is unique. Maybe the USA's 5 goals should have been 10, I don't know. 

I'll keep it simple and ask for a multigoal win here against what should be the weakest side on paper we will face. 

Multi-goal win (ie. 2 or more goal differential) but no caveats after that.

The US game was 2-0 until the 86th minute.  It's not like they scored five in the first half and then took their foot off the gas.

I expect us to win.  The last game may have finished 3-2 but that doesn’t really reflect the game.  One goal happens on a really nice free kick and the other was a single defensive breakdown that looked like it was a pretty isolated incident that they capitalized on.  Obviously any defensive breakdown can be punished but we really defended against them well throughout the majority of the game and the scoreline flattered them.  Given that this is Barbados I am hoping for a more definitive scoreline (I’d like to see a clean sheet for us and at least 3 goals scored).  

Edited by dyslexic nam