League 1 Ontario 2023 Season

In League1 Ontario play, Simcoe County Rovers 5-1 win over North Mississauga SC tonight at Mattamy Sports Park means that Sigma FC win the fan sponsored Credit River Cup this season.  Sigma had 7 points and North Miss were the only team that could catch them if they'd won tonight and against Pro Stars FC next month. 

Four goals for Rovers Paul Karagianakos tonight including one at 35 seconds! He's a 2002! Any CPL team watching?  Oh and Rovers head coach Jason Beckford said Doneil Henry was training with Rovers before he signed with HFX Wanderers a few weeks ago.  Why not? He is a co-owner!

Is it just me or has the league site gotten worse over the years? I can't even find a top goal scorers list anywhere.

OK, in a roundabout way I found it just now. If I looked for it again a week from now I'm not certain I could find it again. I found it in a less direct way but you can click on "Men's Premier" at the top (hovering over it shows a list of teams, but just click the Men's Premier part regardless) and then Player Stats and then you can sort on whatever column you like. I don't know why they don't just have a link that says "Stats" or something.

16 minutes ago, Kent said:

Is it just me or has the league site gotten worse over the years? I can't even find a top goal scorers list anywhere.

OK, in a roundabout way I found it just now. If I looked for it again a week from now I'm not certain I could find it again. I found it in a less direct way but you can click on "Men's Premier" at the top (hovering over it shows a list of teams, but just click the Men's Premier part regardless) and then Player Stats and then you can sort on whatever column you like. I don't know why they don't just have a link that says "Stats" or something.

No Kent its not just you. 

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The Villaverdense owner also runs Scrosoppi?

Vianense

On 7/15/2022 at 7:25 PM, Big_M said:

Scrosoppi FC is excited to announce it has acquired Portugal club @scvianense. This enhances our Player Development pathway by adding a direct pathway to Europe.

More about this acquisition:

July 1, 2022 was the day that Raulino Holdings made official the agreement for the purchase of Sport Clube Vianense, a Portuguese club founded in 1898 in the beautiful city of Viana do Castelo, Portugal. From this date onwards, Scrossopi FC and SC Vianense are twin clubs and will cooperate in the affirmation of SC Vianense in the Portuguese football scene and in the promotion of Canadian football in Portugal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgDQS-bqSyl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

On 7/21/2023 at 4:33 PM, Big_M said:

Update and Great News: after only one year under the ownership of Canadian Gary Raulino, Vianense gets promoted to the third tier which is the 20 team Liga 3...they finished runners up of the 56 team fourth tier Campeonato de Portugal

Would be fun if they bring in a couple of Canadians

19 hours ago, Big_M said:

Vianense

Lank Vilaverdense is the team bought by Canadians Länk and affiliated with Braga. I somehow assumed it was the same. I just mixed the two in my head. So thanks.

With Sintra owned by Alex Bunbury that's 3 lower tier Portuguese teams in Canadian hands.

Edit: I'm going to northern Portugal including Viana do Castelo and Braga next week, if anyone has any tourist suggestions.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist